Atari 2600

Discussion in 'Games' started by Trinity, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Hi everyone.:wave:

Look at my "new" toy!:D

Back in the day,,, 1978... (AD) :haha: :haha:

The Atari 2600 was THE best video game console. I prayed for one the first year for Christmas, and did not get one.:cry:

Next year, Got one for Christmas!:dance: :dance: :dance: (Thanks Dad).:)

Recently I dug it out, and tried to get it working but it was dead.:doh: :cry:

So e-bay to the rescue...:hug: $30 + $12 shipping and 7 days later... Wala!!! A brand new looking a +20 year old console for trin.:mrgreen: I know there are emulators for the pc,:snooty: But I just had to have the hardware again.:)

So, Any old school'ers out there still have one of these in the closet? They are getting quite valuable! I got a "deal" on mine for $30 usd.:D

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

WHOA! man this brings memories. My uncle had the 2600. my dad bought us the newer Atari 5200 :D

[​IMG] U gotta love this game :D

1 person likes this.
  3. pfelelep

pfelelep Newbie

how many hours I spent on ENDURO and PHOENIX on this atari 2600 ^^

good ol' memories

1 person likes this.
  4. Trinity

Enduro, Phoenix,,, dig dug... Argg must order...:)

---------------

Please post any "old" console picture's here...:wave:

But Atari #1:p

5. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Uber cool toy from the swinging 70s and 80s!!

I wonder what's that processor inside? :D

6. Trinity

7. Trinity

Defender

When I came home from "a long hard day at putt-putt arcade".:faint: I got my special order defender cart in the mail while I was out.:D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Played all night.... Hmmmmm:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  8. danteoddjob

danteoddjob Newbie

wow, flash back to my memory when i was a small kid. :D

9. miahman

miahman Newbie

i'm an old sckooler too, but my old skool only goes bak to snes lol

1 person likes this.
  10. Trinity

+ rep to anyone who can post a 2600 console picture (of their own)... Or at least a snes....:haha: :wave:

11. miahman

miahman Newbie

lmao i ahve n64 but no snes

my collection was iven away by my brother so now i try to rebuild my collection at carboot sale and all those other trampy sales (dumb people always give away rare stuff without knowing)

12. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I wish I could Trin but that was so long ago lol thanks for the memories :D

This also brings back memories of the god awful metallic pads they used for the controller .. glad someone was kind enough to create rubber carbon pads :thumb:

13. Trinity

"the god awful metallic pads"

Yeah, Tell trin about it... I got a tricky fire buttom on one of my joysticks...:doh:

14. Mac Daddy

Yep they were a pain for sure. The console itself I never had a single issue with the controllers I can't remember how many I tried to repair or ended up replacing ;)

15. Trinity

I was comparing my new VCS to my old one and I noticed some differences. Turns out I got a rare promo version.:shock: And,,, made in Sunnyvale, CA. USA!!!:)

"Atari VCS - CX2600A Promotional Console picture needed This looks similar to a standard CX2600A model, with a few minor differences. The piping around the switches is yellow instead of orange, and these models were manufactured in Sunnyvale as indicated on the underside of the unit. The box that these came in looks like a normal box except it has "Not for Resale, For promotional Purposes Only" stamped on the underside. We're not sure if there are any technical differences to the console, or if it was just an early edition of the new style for retailers to distribute in advance of sales."

AtariAge - 2600 Consoles and Clones

These guy's don't have a pic yet, Maybe I will send a few to them.:)

Attached Files:

16. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I only played the Famicom when I was younger, like 6. Uh.. then straight jump to the computer world. I wish I was like born in swinging 60s so that I can enjoy many console games... hehe! :D

17. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

gosh. i wish i could post a pic of it but i think it's trashed already. too long ago :(

18. Trinity

You outta call your uncle and see if he still has it. Worth a try.:)

19. Mac Daddy

Thats cool Trin hang onto that one :thumb:

20. Trinity