HP IPAQ 600 vs HTC TytnII

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by wiiz, May 21, 2008.

1. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

Looking at both specs, other than tytn qwerty keyboard and ipaq has no video call camera, i found other spec are quite similar. But there is RM1k+ price difference.

Anyone familiar with these 2 device?

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Chai has the Tytn II! :D

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Looks like you have already found the differences yourself. :mrgreen: HTC is a bit overpriced, so be prepared to pay to get a better featured phone. Having a QWERTY keyboard and video call is why I got TyTNII instead. :D

4. vgwong

vgwong Newbie

Pricey premium though

5. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

I'll rather pay more for the HTC TyTNII :mrgeeen: looks kinda nice and also has a qwerty keyboard :/ Not sure bout the new HP Ipaq 600 but i seem to be having problems with my HP Voice Messenger 512 -.-

6. Chai

But if I were to recommend someone to buy a new PDA phone today, I don't think I will recommend a HTC.

7. Adrian Wong

I would recommend the new Apple iPhone... if it's released locally, with full warranty. :mrgreen:

8. Chai

Definitely not iPhone. It's a crap phone. iPod Touch makes more sense.

9. Adrian Wong

Crap meh? I really like the fluid interface. That's nothing any WM or Symbian phone can do.

10. Chai

Other than the normal phone functionality, there's nothing much to offer. That's why I said iPod Touch makes more sense. The fluid interface is good for showing off. You will get bored in a month anyway. Text messaging is a pain, which is something I do very often, something that even cheap phones are much better at.

They are only releasing the 3G version now, that's like years old technology. It doesn't even have 3G video calling function (video call usability is another issue though).

GPS is another must have feature today. It is so useful, I really can't live without it now. It has guided me all the way to Singapore. I drove into SG not knowing a single road name with GPS!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  11. Adrian Wong

Ah.. You are right in that. Text messaging is a problem.

But I do maintain that a fluid GUI is very important. It is IMHO the iPhone's greatest asset. I'm so tired of the slow interfaces in the phones I've used so far.

Hehe.. One thing about Apple. After the revolutionary release of a new product, subsequent releases are relatively minor evolutionary upgrades.

12. Chai

After using phone like k750 which has very responsive interface, I learn how to make WM phones more responsive by using simpler programs, preload the program. The features lacking in iPhone makes it a far better choice to get many other phones on the market a much wiser choice, especially at RM2k+. I always recommend people to avoid iPhone at all costs unless they want the cool factor, or they primarily use iPhone for entertainment purposes.

13. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

HTC Touch Diamond?
    want keyboard? wait for Touch Pro..

14. Adrian Wong

I think the Touch Diamond still has a laggy interface. :think:

15. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

Hmmm...how about Blackberry?:)

16. Chai

Everything has a laggy interface except iPhone. We know that already. :p

You must have GPS right?

17. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

My Mio P550 dont have an laggy interface :) With WM5.0 :)

18. Chai

Once you have tried iPhone, anything else is slow.

19. Adrian Wong

Yeah, its interface is instantaneous. Amazing. :thumb:

20. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

TRUE ROFL... tryed today... it's really nice how it's fast :thumb: