What console did/do you own before?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chai, Jun 20, 2008.

1. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

sorry, but if you say GT5 is good you must be under drugs or something.

anyone played GRID on the 360?

forza or grid owns GT5 easily, and I used to love GT series, I owned a ps1 and ps2 just to play it.

first of all there's no sense of speed in GT5, i mean, if you're at 100 miles per hour it feels like you are at 30.

not even going to go further into other details, this video speaks for itself: YouTube - GT5 vs GRID !

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Wait wait. Are you talking racing sims or racing games? Because your description of GT5 is a sim and sims are what I like (realism is never as interesting as fiction - I don't recall massive motion blurring the last time I did 120mph in my car)... :mrgreen:

Toca series sucked for me. I hated em. Tried em. Hated em, cars felt like they were on rails.

Forza 2: I am sick and tired of getting gheyed by the AI cars. I take the inner line, establish cornering and what do I get? AI cars who are like on tracks and PIT me into the sand banks (and ultimately the tirewall). Don't even get me started about them shunting me and move along seemingly un-affected and ALSO I get penalized for being gheyed by having my speed limited trying to get back on the track. :roll: :hand: And damaged modelling whoopie doo. I run into a wall @ 200mph on my FXX and I get a dented hood.

GRID is a well established arcade racer (hey codemasters never made it to be a sim). It is not a racing sim. It's more of an NFS (nothing wrong with that). For me, I would rather play the arcade racers that are like Ridge Racer 7.

I would play it on the xbox 360 if I wasn't plagued by a bunch of crap. I'll see if the playstation store has a demo and maybe I'll consider downloading the arcade.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

And if you still think GRID is a sim:

While I do have my opinions in regards to IGN, I trust them enough to know their games. :p

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL, calling GRID a racing sim...

No sense of speed? No sense of speed is what makes GT5 realistic. Coming from a pure PC racing gamer, I have to say, GT5 is one of the first console racing game that's closest to what PC racing sims can do. Not very close, but pretty damn good.

Racing sim like Live For Speed, GT Legends, Richard Burns Rally, Grand Prix Legend are what I'm refering to. So what do you not see? Yes, Codemaster racing games. :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, one more thing, Try heel and toe on your X360. :mrgreen:

Zuephok: I'm not a PS fan, in fact, PS3 is my first one. I didn't play any of the older series.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

zicovsky: of course, you are entitled to your own opinion :mrgreen:

but ppl are talking about it you know..hehehehehe

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

And seriously, why not just play GRID on PC? :p

7. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

:haha: :haha:

8. Motoman

Motoman Newbie

We had the original Pong game...then:

Atari 2600
    Mein Commodore 64 (anything with cartridge games is a console in my book)
    NES
    Sega Master System
    SNES
    Turbo Graphix 16
    Sega Genesis
    N64
    Gamecube
    X-Box
    Wii

...still have lying around the X-Box, N64, and Sega Genesis (with the Base Converter and an original Phantasy Star 1 cartridge to match).

Did a fair amount of time on a buddy's Colecovision and Intellivision too.

Never ever did have any of the Sony consoles - didn't like a single one of them...primarily I think due to price and the controllers. Always seemed like crap to me.

9. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

I only had before thoses ones

- SNES
    - GBC

And i still have them XD

10. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

MSX
    Commodore 64
    Atari 2600
    PC Engine
    NES
    SNES
    Virtual Boy
    Sega Master System
    Sega Genesis
    GBC
    GBA
    NeoGeo Pocket
    PS1
    PS3
    PSP
    Xbox
    3DO
    PC

11. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

i wasn't talking about realism in any part of my post, i'm talking about a good racing game to play. and GT5 simply isn't.

but to each his own. that's why we have many options.