Firefox World Record Download

Discussion in 'General Software' started by PsYkHoTiK, May 30, 2008.

1. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

downloaded... twice! :D for two machines

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LOL! Yeah, I just saw the download numbers.... :faint:

I don't even know what the previous record is (if there even was any).

4. peaz

LOL 6 million already

5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

not only you, my supervisor must be sleeping too :p keyed in july instead of june :p

6. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

There's no previous record. If it gets approved by Guiness it will be the first one.

7. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

8. peaz

7.5 million and counting! :O

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Mozilla logs 8 million-plus Firefox 3 downloads in a day

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

11. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

w00t! :clap:
    Of course we did it. There were several times as many downloads than was required to break the record! :twisted:

12. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

firefox 3 is still much slower than IE 7 :snooty:

13. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Cool I got the email this morning I haven't looked at the certificate yet but neat idea :D

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Firefox is slower than IE? I don't know. Speed wise I can't really tell. I'm using Firefox because I can't use IE7 in office... lol

15. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Nothing comes remotely close to the freedom and functionality offered by firefox while speed, security, cross platform support and being open source are just icing on the cake. Opera has it's uses but for the majority of situations firefox all the way.

16. peaz

Speed slower? The only thing that's slow for me for FF is the loading time. But that's because it goes out and checks for updates everytime I start it up.

17. Mac Daddy

I have been quiet on this but ?? :shifty:

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Firefox3 is definitely faster and more responsive compared to Firefox2. And on Firefox3 vs IE7, it's a no brainer. :mrgreen:

FIREFOX3 FTW!!! :dance:

19. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

i dont know if it is system related but on my system, AMD XP-M@ 2.2ghz and 1gb of ddr ram, the application lunch time (when you startup IE or Firefox for the first time) for firefox 3 require twice or more(usually more) time compare to IE7.

Maybe on winxp, microsoft optimized it to run IE faster compare to firefox? :think:

20. Mac Daddy

That is strange last time I used IE7 on XP to test board issues on another forum it crashed. I haven't used it since on XP but on Vista X64 it does seem a bit better. For me FF runs much faster :think: