The RAID Guide

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

RAID, short for Redundant Array of (Inexpensive or Independent) Disks, is an important component for servers. RAID allows for crash-proof hard drive systems. How does it work? What is the difference between the many RAID levels? We will explain everything in this article!

[​IMG]

Link : The RAID Guide

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  2. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

great work on this Adrian,Mac and Imod (little bro Frank)

3. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Hee hee I just worked on the text editing :shhh:

Nice job Lil Frank and on the pre-edit and final edit Adrian nicely done and taking notes :thumb:

4. hjlavery

hjlavery Newbie

Nice Article, although I always used RAID 5+1 (or 6+1 for that matter) to denote a raid 5 array with a hot spare drive, usualy on a good hardware card that can automaticly rebuild arrays in the event of a disk failing

5. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Good read.. nice work. I never go beyond RAID 0 and 1 yet.

6. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

Thanks for putting my raid guide online.Sorry for the long delay iat the us right now.... at chicago.Thanks for the good comnents..:)

7. Mac Daddy

Enjoy your time in the Windy City Bro I have a close friend there ... great job on the guide :thumb:

8. generalRage1982hrv

yeah like mac sad it
    but dont eat too much beans there so windy city would not been blown away ehheehhe

9. Mac Daddy

Actually Bro considering Frank's size he might turn into a jet turbine with too many beans and propell himself like a jet pack lol :haha: :haha:

10. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

Think is my first and last time i eat KFC i puked and farted whole day... Well americans have great service but if you talk about us elections and iraq they will get really mad...

Hope you enjoy wit your summer and the guide tho XD

11. generalRage1982hrv

this sounds like Mac Donald's Happy Meal hahahahhaha

hmmmmm Imod go for Buritos with extra salsa and red beans
    it would blow your mind and everyones else noses