Anti-virus that works for life and require no update?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by jasperchc, May 22, 2008.

1. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

Extract from their website Rudra Technoloigies , no update required ever? is that possible? :think:

2. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Sure will need update .. at least when you upgrade OS then you need to update compatibility of software .. :lol:

3. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Woah..Seems not bad..somehow rather it reminds me of Vista UAC :D

4. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

guess detection rate would be rather low

5. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

I highly doubt that this A/V can get by without any updates ever... very skeptical about this :?

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Probably based on heuristic scanning. Most anti-virus software use that too, to detect new or unknown viruses.

7. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

No doubt it will make a lot of false positives.
    We should see it in some AV Comparatives soon I hope.

8. Cyberwarrior

Cyberwarrior BOG Translator

I bookmarked page,have to wait for eval version.
    This I gotta see.

9. Orpheous

Orpheous Newbie

There doesn't seem to be any comparison sites out there yet that have tested and published their results with Rudra.
    I have read a few complaints frrom end users though about it.

Here's a few things that I found:
    Rudra only supports DPI setting of 96 (so it'll look like rubbish on a big monitor)
    Rudra only supports automatic updates (OS) manual OS updates are NOT supported. ... Remember XP SP3?
    Rudra doesn't appear to prompt the user, or allow the user to decide if a program/installation is safe...
    Rudra deletes files written by some installers during installation, effectively disabling the program... (ATI driver installation included)

Seems like the Antivirus that requires no update, may actually require an update already to fix a few major bugs!

I'll stay clear of it for now I think.....

10. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Anti virus will work for life and require no update IF and only IF

The existing av program can detect ALL virus up to date and no one has come up with new type of virus which I doubt

11. Stargazer2112

Stargazer2112 Newbie

I couldn't access the website from Rudra, so I can't see the little thing in person, so let me guess a bit... I see only two possibilities:
    1) It's not an antivirus, but a HIPS - Host Intrusion Prevention System - which doesn't relly on signatures to find the malware ( hence it doesn't need updates ), but rather try to analyse the behaviour of the programs and decide if it's dangerous to the system or not. Well, there's other Software like that in the market ( Defence Plus, Threat Fire etc ), some rather good, BUT ..., the kind of artificial inteligence needed to do such a thing will need a cluster of supercomputers to do it's stuff without annoyng the user every half a minute, I've tried some and no matter how techie I am ( 29 years career now ) the program often come across with decisions I have to stop and think a lot to make. For regular users it's ***completely*** impossible, not to mention it's only a good complement for a signature-based AV, but cannot, repeat, cannot, substitute it completely. Things will have to evolve much in the harrdware area.
    2) It may be a rogue anti-malware thing. There's also a lot running around the web, and even some sites that research it. It can be a virus, trojan, spyware itself, that disguises as an antivirus ( nasty hu ? ).
    That said, to finish this long, boring post, I quote a popular say here in Brazil: "When the donation to the church is too big, even God gets suspicious."