Which laptop?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by u suck.com, Aug 27, 2008.

?

which laptop brand?

1. Fujitsu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Toshiba

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Asus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hp

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Compaq

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Dell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

I'm planning to get a laptop soon...which brand do u think is the best right now?

feel free to suggest a model! :mrgreen:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  2. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

work, play or leisure?

3. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

why no IBM ? :|
    what's the purpose for the laptop ? :)

4. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

i know!! i forgot to add in lenovo...

well i'm not that much of a gamer so yeah...let me worry about the specs..but i just wanna know which brand is most reliable..

5. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

I would trust either IBM, Fujitsu or Dell :D

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Ahh.. I believe the king of laptop reliability is Fujitsu. The last time I checked, they had the industry's lowest RMA rate. But they are expensive. :(

DYKT : My super-old Fujitsu (8 years old?) notebook is still running! My aunt in England's using it now. With the exception of its long-dead battery, it's still running as it did when I first bought it! :thumb:

7. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

My toshiba is around 6 years old and still running!

8. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Asus seems not bad too :)..with their international warranty + if the parts of your laptop is malfunction, they usually replace it with no question asked :thumb:

9. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

i kinda like asus also..the price is pretty good for what u're getting, and it looks appealing too...but i dont know how reliable it is...as in will the hardware fail easily after a few years..

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

IBM is surprisingly reliable too. I have used a few really old models and they were still running. Of courrse like any other brand, there are lemons.

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I like the lenovos... :D

Toshiba lasts quite a while. My dad is still using it.

12. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

i've been hearing alot of good comments about toshiba laptops..more than fujitsu in fact..

but somehow i think toshibas dont look so good..in terms of design (haha i know this is not really important)

anyone here has any more bad/good comments about toshiba? and what about asus? fujitsu? It's between these 3 brands for me now..cuz i've never liked hp/compaq

13. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

well, if me..i'll go for Asus then :> ..toshiba and fujitsu laptop are a bit overprice for the same specification that other brand can offer (in malaysia of coz)i have a classmate using a asus notebook and from time to time, he tends to change the parts :p...like keyboard of dvd roms (when he feels like it :haha: ) Asus usually change it with no question ask and they offer 2 years internation warranty

14. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

u mean he changed those parts even when it's still functioning well?

15. pfelelep

pfelelep Newbie

anything except HP. :hand:

16. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

lol .. how bout mac. Although I am not a fan for this snob product but it is picking up..

Work would be - IBM/Lenovov Budget - Dell
    Play - Asus
    Leisure - Asus eeePC

HP and Compaq are the same so don't list them twice. Just like Maxtor and Seagate are the same.. why need dual brand, trying to kid a 5 year old?

17. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Well, to gain market share obviously. Didn't you know the shampoos in the market are only made by 2-3 manufacturers? :haha: Kidding 5 or 1 year old, it apparent works! :O

18. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Next quarter will launch Eastern Digital drive..

19. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I used to have a Toshiba notebook too. Worked reliably for 3-4 years before it was stolen, although the DVD reader died for some reason. Not sure if they are to be blamed for that! :D

20. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hmm no MacBook Pro in the list? LOL. It's one of the better built notebooks (comes with the price too :p) and it now dualboot to Windows too. I'd love to get my hands on one if I when I can afford it.