Google Chrome, Google’s Browser Project

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Dashken, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I'm checking it out now... :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Already encountered 2 funny things after 5 mins of using... :haha:

1) Cannot use Forum tools! :doh:

2) When I display a thread... :eh: Press reload then it went ok... :think:

Attached Files:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

This is a known bug. It happens on IE also. It seems that the page always stop loading completely.

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah... that's why I use Firefox... ok, another thing, cannot group bookmarks for me to open the grouped tabs at one go. Hmm... I'll return to Firefox in a while.

But felt that Google Chrome is damn fast. :thumb:

Proxy (Internet Settings) points me to IE's... hmm... still new I guess. It's a pretty basic browser at the moment.

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

And why so many processes? :think:

Damn... it's fast!!! :faint:

Attached Files:

6. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

Here it's smoky :) And i can use the forums tools... i didnt noticed any probs . Anyways why it sould be it's based on Firefox

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Very basic options... feels like it's using IE engine at the moment because it displays my company internal sites correctly where in Firefox, I've to use IE tab. :think:

Attached Files:

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Ok, open bookmark folders option is hidden but can be accessed when you right-click your bookmark folder. :D

Attached Files:

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

When I clicked on New Tab icon... this shows... it searches your history and displays your most visited sites? :faint:

And when I clicked the Show Full History link... :faint: :faint: :faint:

Attached Files:

10. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

here i found an funny drawings about Chrome

Google Chrome

It's an multithread app is for that it's smoky :)

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

This explains why there are a few processes (chrome.exe) running at one time in your Task Manager. No wonder it's fast for a few tabs. I wonder how it will cope if I have 40 tabs at a time which I'm used to with Firefox. :D

Thanks for the link iModAMD. :beer:

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      143.4 KB
      Views:
  12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Private browsing that IE8 has been advertising... available in Google Chrome too. :wave:

Attached Files:

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Browser's Task Manager also got. Don't play play! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Attached Files:

14. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

If i do an simple EQ. ive got 8 GB of ram... so if we say 1 Tab take 8 Mb... we can do an aprox... 1000 Tabs and the system would be saturated rofl XD.

The explorer start to be unstable if you have... too much of tabs... like this snap :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You can even drag the tab in between windows!!! :faint: :faint: :faint:

Drop to your desktop and it will spawn the tab in a new window. Or drag the tab to another window with everything intact!!! OMFG!!! :haha: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Attached Files:

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

How many tabs were there? 1000? I only use about 50-60 tabs at most. :mrgreen:

This Google Chrome is fun man! :thumb:

One thing that I'd like is drag the tab to your task bar and the Window pops up and you drag to that Window like what we do to applications... would be great to have that. :lol:

17. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

Big prob... if i put this app into my dad comp he will be frustrated... he an slow writer... when he typed 1 time the website... normaly it stays in the link bar... but on Chrome you can't access it... you need to write first letters... and for slow writers it would be an PITA :rolleyes:

IDK how many tabs was there... i had my mouse in my hand and click fast as hell... and now the left bouton is lower than the right one rofl XD... Crap Logitech MX-1000

Hey did you noticed the download tab? it's pretty nice... instead of firefox... it put the downloaded stuff on the desk ... as default... firefox but it in the downloaded folder :D

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Don't understand your first point... is it like the picture attached?

Well, mine was put into download folder... I don't think it got the settings from my Firefox since in Firefox I've already set to desktop. I changed to folder to desktop anyway. Easier... :D

Attached Files:

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Each tab is in its own jail. Can't write to your HDD and can't access your sensitive folders... no more malware? :D

Attached Files:

• 26.jpg
      26.jpg
      File size:
      169.1 KB
      Views:
    • 27.jpg
      27.jpg
      File size:
      173.7 KB
      Views:
  20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Okay... from the news that I posted here, it's using Webkit and Webkit is from Apple which is used on Safari. So, anything that runs on Safari, runs on Chrome too. Sounds like that anyway... :D