lets lit up the street!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ZuePhok, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

3 more days to go!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  2. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

a few more..

Attached Files:

• as.jpg
      as.jpg
      File size:
      705.6 KB
      Views:
    • a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      591.3 KB
      Views:
    • dfb.jpg
      dfb.jpg
      File size:
      578.7 KB
      Views:
    • arv.jpg
      arv.jpg
      File size:
      558.7 KB
      Views:
  3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. The Singapore F1. Are you going?

4. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

I'd like to go... :wave:
    $978 USD to sit in the turn 3 grandstand? :faint: Is the beer free? :beer: I heard about the night races using electric flags... What is weather going to be like?
    Take plenty of pics for us! :clap:

5. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Heard tat he is going.. so phok please take some pic for us !!! :wicked:

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

adrian: yup! prepared!

Attached Files:

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

thats the pit grandstand. the rest are cheaper.
    no, no free beer :mrgreen:

I heard about the electric flags as well. definitely looking forward to this race.

It's been a pretty hot week. but it rained this morning. i think it has not rained at night for more than a week. well to me it doesn't matter. most importantly, f1 is in town, always like a carnival :D the anticipation is great and you can really tell the organizer is putting a heck lot of effort in getting everything right. I hope they install crystal clear big screens. jeez i hate sepang's giant screens :evil: still, i hope they won't overcharge for beer & sodas :p

8. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Watched a bit of the practice session on tv just now. I think the city backdrop looks really good :thumb:
    Have fun at the race Phok :wave:

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

indeed! CBD looks spectacular in this race! I was at the bay grandstand, facing the floating platform. when the machines flew past the anderson bridge, the effect over here was kind of like, someone's just spanked godzilla's ass, and he was really mad! the city roared to life! this is a very different experience from watching the race in the afternoon. very different atmosphere. and guess what, the big screens are way better than those in sepang. great, great job! No ridiculous overcharge for drink & food. grandstand tic holders are allowed to walk around the track! I reckon the pit area should be quite boring. but the rest of the track is simply :thumb:

tricky track, pretty sure someone would smash the wall this weekend. a lot of mistakes!

very tricky for the camera as well! ISO1600-3200, but not quite fast enough. sorry no uber zoom len. only have a 105 that i borrowed from my boss. will try harder tomorrow!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

gap between the tyre and the wall is narrow enough to make you breathless.

Attached Files:

11. Adrian Wong

Woah.. What a race! :thumb: :thumb:

I think Alonso did everything right. He came out of the last pit stop just in time! :thumb:

Massa was just crazy / plain unlucky. After ripping off the fuel hose, he skidded into a barrier and caused the Force India driver to hit the same barrier.

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It was the team's fault for releasing him early and got penalty. Then after that, it didn't matter anymore.

13. Adrian Wong

I heard that the fuel lock mechanism was actually supposed to prevent that from happening. Apparently, they released it but it didn't come off as expected? Didn't look like that on the video but I think that's what the commentator said? :think:

Hey, I think Alex Yoong was one of the commentator, right? He mentioned something about how hard it was to "finish a race" in hot weather. Hehehe...

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah it was the pit team's fault. Light flashed green momentarily while the crew didnt even start to pull the nozzle off.

I noticed after that, they went back with the traditional lollipop and no more lights... :p

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Fuel lock mechanism? Prevent what form happening?

Everything is still manual. The only automated mechanism is fuel will only go into the car when the fuel nozzle is attached properly.

16. Adrian Wong

I'm not sure. I think I heard that the nozzle has a mechanism that prevents the light from going green until it was detached. Apparently, it failed to work because it signaled that the fuel nozzle was off when they only disengaged the lock (nozzle still in).

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Congestion was solved the next day so traffic was rather smooth on sat and sun (fri was quite bad). Outside food and drink were allowed (one each.. fair enough) so we could get very early in the afternoon even though the race started at 8pm. overall, great experience.

anyway, here are some pics, taken after the race was over. No vodka for kimi in the next coming two 2 weeks! :mrgreen: How could that guy LOL after all that had happened? :lol:

Attached Files:

18. Adrian Wong

Overall, I think the Singapore GP was a great success. Full house, I believe? That's something even Sepang cannot even dream of yet.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  19. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

The last pic post by phok was hit by kimi i think :haha: