My smartphone, my everything

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by karhoe, Sep 2, 2008.

1. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

My Windows Mobile smartphone serves many purposes to me - just to share with you guys :D
    Kar Hoe's Blog - My smartphone, my everything

[​IMG]

1) Normal phone - Features ultimate connectivity with quadband, EDGE, Bluetooth, Infrared, WiFi

2) My webcam (Powered by WebCameraPlus )- I could use the camera of the phone as a camera, even a wireless camera using WiFi, which means I can turn on my webcam on my computer and bring the handphone around the house, even to my neighbour's house. The latest version also doubles up as a wireless microphone so you can do webconference everywhere.

3) My Skype phone (Powered by Skype Mobile )- Save that USD200 to buy a dedicated skype phone. This smartphone serves as a Skype phone so I can talk for hours if I wish to.

4 ) My Live Messenger (Powered by Windows Live Mobile )- I can chat at whichever hotspot I come across, or connect via EDGE/GPRS if I'm really desperate

5) SMS becomes easier (Powered by MyMobiler ) - Once my phone is connected to the PC, be it through USB, Bluetooth or WiFi, I can reply to SMS instantly and quick if I am infront of the computer using the keyboard. No need to use that two little thumbs. SMS are also synchronized to Outlook express using Jeyo Mobile Extender

6) My personal organizer, never miss anything anymore (Powered by Outlook Express) - I used my phone to set important dates, schedules, important meetings, assignments, etc. With Windows Vista and XP, all these can be synchronized between the computer and the phone using Microsoft Active Sync or Windows Mobile Device Centre

7) My media centre, powered by Windows Media Centre Mobile - I store hundreds of musics in the storage card.

8) My document reader (Adobe Reader LE & Office Mobile ) - With Office Mobile and Adobe reader, reading and editing documents on the go is easy

9) My Internet browser - powered by (Internet Explorer Mobile ), WAP sites are irrelevant, view sites in full bloated HTML

10) My Sideshow (Coming soon) - Soon, the device would be able to function as a sideshow device for Windows Vista, being able to control Vista gadgets on the phone.

11) My call recorder (Powered by PMRecorder ) - thinking of blackmailing me? All phone conversations are automatically recorded. Another good reason for you not to borrow my phone to call someone else :D

12) My entertainment centre - with games such as Scrabble , Tetris , Fishopolis , Worms World Party and many more high quality games , I'll never get bored anymore.

13) My flash drive (Powered by WM5torage ) - now this device can also act as a universal plug and play flash drive, using the SD card as the storage device. Carrying files around gets easier.

14) My pocket dictionary, with MDict , I can install as many downloadable databases to my phone such as Language translators, list of countries and it's capital, and many more

15) My modem, the phone can act as a GPRS/EDGE modem or even dial up modem (but the charge would be too high) so I can hook it to my laptop and go online wherever there is a cellphone reception.

16) There are also other useful applications, such as :

* BMI Calc , use to monitor one's fitness by calculating the BMI (Body Mass Index) value, just key in your height and weight, and with a push of the button, you know your BMI.

* Moblue , use to manage incoming Bluetooth beams, to specify the location where the received file will be saved.

* FizzBill , ever eaten with a friend at a restaurant, wanted to split the bill but calculations were confusing with all the surcharge and taxes thrown in? With FizzBill, just key in the actual amount, tax rate, and the number of people sharing the bill and the amount will be generated instantly.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This and many more features are available to you when you use a smartphone powered by Windows Mobile. While many of you are crazy over Symbian phones like Sony Ericsson and Nokia, why not give Windows Mobile a try? Windows Mobile has the largest user contributed softwares, applications and games which makes your smartphone a very powerful device.

Not to mention, every single things in the phone can be configured and tweaked using registry, just like a normal computer

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  2. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

cool, the layout looks similiar to my smartphone (you're using WM6 also?) Hmm, did not know that skype works too o_O

3. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

It's WM6.1 :D

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hmm...My favourite mobile browser is Opera Mini 4.1 and Opera Mobile 9. Opera Mini is a very good and fast RSS browser, while Opera Mobile 9 is a great alternative to a full browser if you don't have a PC around.

5. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Cool .. next question .. how much and where can I get a demo unit .. lol

6. Chai

You also need Coreplayer, Resco File Explorer. :mrgreen:

Some software that I have requires PDA phones though, like PocketCM ImageViewer, Remote Desktop Mobile, iContact.

7. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Any existing Windows Mobile smartphone :D Many available from HTC

Currently using Resco, it's more user friendly but I didn't include it cause it isn't really a reason to get WM lol

I tried the java based opera browser, didn't like them cause the IE temps are stored in main memory, and my phone main memory storage is low.

8. Chai

Opera Mini is java based, Opera Mobile is not. PIE looks fine on PIE optimised pages, but it's almost not usable on normal websites.

9. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

It's a shareware right?

10. Chai

Not sure, but you can always try the ripped version from Touch Diamond, or just the beta version from their website.

11. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

mine is WM6 -.-..damn it..but weird..opera mini won't install on my phone and it hangs halfway T.T...thinking of getting the same smartphone like Chai is using @_@

12. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

What smartphone is Chai using?

13. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

HTC TYTN II if i not mistaken :thumb:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  14. Chai

It's not a smartphone. :mrgreen:

15. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

So Chai, planning to switch to Touch Pro anytime soon?

16. Chai

Nope, other than 640x480, TyTN II already has everything.

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

any iphone user here?

18. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Saw people selling iphone 3g here 8gb with RM3.8k :faint:

19. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

3.8k, i rather get HTC Touch Pro !

20. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Hmm, TyTn II has a weak 3D driver.

Touch Pro also has TV out, though you might not use it.
    5 row qwerty
    accelerometer