Need help!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by NeoSquall, Aug 10, 2008.

1. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

I got infected with smitfraud thing.. I need to know how to completely remove it and restore back my normal windows functions..

thx...

2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

3. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

4. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

the website that u guys give me I cant access.. keep on sayying internet explorer cannot display the webpage...

I've tried google it.. use the removal stuffs.. some website I cant even go in..

how how how?

5. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

nvm.. did a system restore.. and suprisingly it worked for me for the very first time.. everything is ok.. now looking for the file that caused the stupid virus..

it suddenly attacked me when I tried to instal the latest version of kaspersky..

6. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

glad you sort it out.

better do a full scan and remove previous system restore and create a new fresh system restore.

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Virus usually attack system restore files also.

8. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

not really. It depends on what type of virus :D

9. Orpheous

Orpheous Newbie

The smitfraudfix.exe link on the page that Trinity posted will not remove all traces, you'll need to do a little more manual cleaning to get rid of it...
    Download and install HijackThis then post your results here if you like, I can check them out for you and let you know which entries you should delete if you like...

10. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

You just dug out a 2 month old thread :lol:

11. Orpheous

Orpheous Newbie

Damn, sorry... I gotta either get some sleep or up the caffeine intake:faint: