Krabi, Thailand

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Chai, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Some photos...

Attached Files:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. Really reminds me of Redang! :D

3. hjlavery

hjlavery Newbie

Nice, I recon the 4th from the left is great!

How did you get the colours right in the sky, I was in Bali a few weeks ago and looking through my photos most of the landscapes have washed out skies, even when I was using a CPL filter :(

4. Chai

I use the most neutral color settings, no CPL, low contrast to slightly improve dynamic range. I altered color settings for other shots as they were a bit dull.

5. Orpheous

Orpheous Newbie

That's just what I was thinking! I was there diving on my honeymoon in August...

6. Chai

The beach area is definitely better than Redang. But the corals, Redang is far better.

This is actually not Krabi, but Phi Phi Island, or at least of those above are... :haha:

7. Orpheous

Orpheous Newbie

I haven't been to Phi Phi Island (yet)....
    I thought this beach at Redang was nice, but the main attraction was definitely the coral and diving!

Attached Files:

8. Chai

I've been to Redang and Perhentian twice, so I can make some comparison.

10 years ago, the coral at Perhentian was fantastic.

9. Orpheous

Orpheous Newbie

I have to book a trip to Perhentian next time I'm in Malaysia, I've heard so many good things about it! Do you have any underwater shots?

10. Chai

Nope, too expensive.

11. Adrian Wong

My brother's an avid diver. Avid enough to buy his own underwater casing for a Canon P&S camera. He has some underwater shots. I will see if he can post some of them.

12. hjlavery

hjlavery Newbie

I would love to see those, I have always wanted to try underwater photography but have never had the budget for it :cry:

I might have to save up before I go traveling again :)

13. Orpheous

Orpheous Newbie

These are a few pics that were taken by one of the dive masters on Pulau Redang from on and around the island.
    I'm still looking into buying myself either a new camera just for underwater use, or a housing for my current point and shoot....

Attached Files:

14. Orpheous

Orpheous Newbie

a few more..........

Attached Files:

15. Orpheous

Orpheous Newbie

last ones, i promise!............

Attached Files:

16. Adrian Wong

He's now in Kuala Terengganu. I will get him to post once he goes back to Lahad Datu, where he's currently posted.