Barack Obama is 44th President of the United States of America!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think the whole world's in a real pile of trouble right now. If they don't do things right, it's going to take a long time before things go back to the way they were... :(

2. Adrian Wong

Actually, he's HALF right. :mrgreen:

The Chinese and Indians have ALREADY been Prime Ministers of Malaysia. Let's be frank...

Mahathir is a mamak - half-Indian. Abdullah's half-Chinese. If UMNO is so rabidly racist, they really should look at purging their party of these "wannabes". :D

Funny thing about the appointment of a Chinese lady to head PKNS. PKNS is supposed to spearhead development of Selangor, the STATE. It's not meant to develop a particular RACE. I don't understand why people are making a big fuss about the RACE of the people in charge, instead of the people who CHEATED the Selangor government and people of money and land.

3. Adrian Wong

Yeah, I guess that tax raise was what people like Joe The Plumber (future singer???) were worried about. It's going to be tougher on them for sure. But I really don't see how they can set things right without causing one group or another some hurt. :(

The problem is the US government is running a MASSIVE deficit. So is the country. I think the US national debt is like over 10 trillian USD? Things would be a LOT easier if the future President had spare cash to prime-pump the economy.

I heard that he may be thinking about cutting back on expenditure on new military technologies. Maybe cutting some budget on the new F22 (as nice a fighter as it is... :( ) can save enough money to avoid raising taxes.

LOL!! I think Obama did talk about that. Something like McCain's gonna call him a closet Marxist because he once shared a toy in kindergarten! :haha: :haha:

IMHO, the free market economy is great but there must still be some oversight. Unfettered greed was what led to the current housing and credit crises. The problem is the American people has to foot the bill in the form of bail-outs and "rescues". :(

That's really not free market. If it's a true free market under Bush, they would have to let all those banks fail, including Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae. I think even a Republican government under McCain would have to institute some changes and revamp the industry with greater government oversight.

I think Obama now has the burden of delivering on his promise. He has four years to do it. I really wish him the best of luck, because he will need it and the American people (and the world) is counting on him.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  4. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. It took the Americans ONLY 40 years to go from racial segregation to an African-American President.

It's been 45 years since Malaysia was formed and 39 years since the May 13 race riots. I seriously doubt we will see the end of positive race discrimination by next year, much less a leader selected not for his/her race/sex/colour/religion. :mrgreen:

The only good news is I really think many of us are pretty colour-blind. For one, I just don't understand why our stupid politicians keep trying to incite the people about race and religion. They are really regressing in morality and intelligence...

5. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I'm neutral about this American politics, but since Obama promised equality and good treatment for everyone, I guess there's no problem right? :)

Besides that, it's pretty amazing to see that people nowadays are tearing apart the race, color and gender barriers down! :thumb:

6. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

That is far from 'impartial'. Bill O'Reilly mentioned is reason enough. Sounds like ultra conservative (like O-Reilly).

8. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

It took US 40 years to get half but,
    Malaysia took less than 30 years to get half....so Malaysia is better:mrgreen: :wicked:

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Get rid of NEP, bumiputra rights first, then I would say we got half. :p

10. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Half? Sorry I dun understand this part? I dun see any part which is half right now in Malaysia.

US has a African-American president and at one time a possibility for a female president. I dun think this will happen in MY in my lifetime.

11. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Mahathir is half Indian and Badawi is half Chinese. Isnt that what Adrian posted?
    And Obama is half African-American isnt he?:p

12. Chai

But you MUST have Malay blood, and you MUST be Islam, that's the minimum requirement. So I don't think it's fair to compare.

13. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

White house become Black House.. :lol: ..kidding ..

14. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Malaysia is still an Islamic country as far as I know so I guess that is how it is gonna be for quite sometime until the majority of Malaysians decided to change.:angel:

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Separation of Church (or Mosque) and state exists here. Unlike Malaysia, the US is wonderfully secular. Not arguing anything either way for Malaysia though (just stating what is). Malaysia is a Islamic country (though in all honesty, by comparison to other Islamic countries, it really isn't overly bad). UAE is an example of one of the more progressive Islamic states (but even then, Malaysians enjoy far more liberties).

(also not all Bumis are Muslims)

But this is off topic! :o

Go Obama! He is already setting up his staff! :)

16. Chai

Correct, that's exactly why it's not even half now. 200 years maybe? :p

17. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Nah....150:snooty:

:haha: :haha:

Oh Btw what religion is Obama?

18. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Found this picture on digg, pretty awesome if you ask me.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

That's just awesome.

20. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

but but but... american don't have "teh tarik" session. we do.

so, if you total up all the daily teh tarik and nasi lemak sessions (at 4pm, every working day), not to mention 3 hrs lunch break on friday, traffic jam, panadol days.. 50 years should be good enough to cover all these. Oh yeah, we haven't gone through cigar+monica moment yet. wonder who will be that lucky pm.....

200.. just nice la! :lol:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008