Fallout 3!!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by PsYkHoTiK, Oct 28, 2008.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Fallout 3 is a RPG that is played in First Person perspective. Farcry 2 is an straight out FPS.

2. Spanner

Spanner Newbie

Okay great, thanks for clearing that up, anyways they both look like great games. The best part is that they both scale very well with the available hardware today....

3. Yukirin

Yukirin Newbie

My Review on Fallout 3 :)

If we compare Fallout 3 and the rest of the fallout series. Fallout 3 would be the new revolutionary of fallout among all the predecessors titles (Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactic:Brotherhood of Steel). Due to these changes, The fan boys of fallout has been split into 2 side. One side would happy with the new element that implement in the new series while the other complain about how the new series has not been following the tradition of fallout (which is very much turn-based RPG).

In my opinion. although Fallout 3 has implemented the FPS element into the game but it still maintain some of the uniquity of its game which is none-linear gameplay and semi-turnbased combat (VATS). The slow mo bloodymess killing using VATS is a bonus. (can learn Bloodymess perk to enchance more chance of brutal killing)

Furthermore, player could just play it like normal FPS without using the VATS which requires the AP to work(like any other fallout titles).

So, in the end of the day, you just can't statisfy everyone due to their individual preference.

So to me, Fallout 3 gets 4 out of 5

4. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

For some reason the slow mo in Fallout 3 becomes boring after a while. That never happened with FEAR.