Aztech Modem Bad Flash Recovery Guide

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Dec 20, 2006.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

well, firstly i must say, make sure you are using the full image file & the correct firmware :)

make sure it doesnt have the word "upgrade" or something similar :)

which image file are you using to flash the modem?

1 person likes this.
  2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hi Zy,

I have a ultimately busted DSL600ER modem, and I didn't flash anything on it before. A daily casual use only. Only last week it decided to kill itself and the red power light is on instead. Must be so busted.

So I downloaded the TI Remote application - but the file is nowhere to be found in the Aztech FTP because Aztech guys are ripping this out from the sites, afraid of their customers flashing it and voiding warranty. However I found out that the TI Remote application is just a name for PCApp. Just search around for PCApp and you will *actually* get the TI remote application.

Then I casually followed the instructions - but my case is TOTALLY different:

1.) When I turned on the modem for the first time, I pressed "Get IP address" and it said "Connecting to 169.254.87.1 Failed". Then I realized that before that I manually set up to 192.168.1.2, 255.255.255.0 and without the gateway, and couldn't get the program to see the modem. However, I have to key in 169.254.87.1 inside the Gateway and the modem is finally seen by the software. I'm not sure why it is, but I suspect that another part of the modem could be busted.

2.) I can flash the modem - but I couldn't get to flash the *.bin file and the nsp.annexA.img thingy. The strange thing is I got it fixed by flashing with the single.annexA.img instead. Not sure whether I must flash the one you suggest, but I'm a bit concerned that if I couldn't get the BIN and the nsp.annexA.img files rewritten inside I might have other problems in the router. Currently my modem firmware is now 63.2 something instead of the original 63.53 one, which is older. I couldn't find any new one at all.

But the modem connects to the net and doing fine, but I'm very doubtful of the router functionality and also the firewall. Maybe the modem is working, but the firewall could be not working properly.

Have you got problems flashing the *.bin files inside? Or are every modem has different files to be flashed? I couldn't get to flash nsp.annexA.img, ram_zimage.ar7xxx.nsp.squashfs.bin and the other thing, but I can do that with ONLY single.annexA.img and the modem works after that.

What do you think? Is the *.bin and the nsp.annexA.img required to be flashed inside the modem? Are they mandatory files? :D

3. zy

if i'm not mistaken, 6x.xx firmware only has single.annexA.img

if you are using 6x.xx, single.annexA.img should be fine.

the other files are for the 3x.xx firmware.

you are using the singapore firmware right ? :think:

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Eh it's the Malaysian Firmware. Getting the 4.x.x.x firmware to go into my modem actually kills it again, so I have no other choice than using 6.x.x.x firmware.

Currently the modem is working fine, but couldn't get to flash the *.bin as you have told in the instructions.

My modem connects to the net, but not sure whether the router/firewall function is still okay or not.

I'm pretty sure I didn't flash this modem before it broke down. It broke down by itself. :haha:

5. cwt2000

cwt2000 Newbie

may i know where to download the TI remote application 2.3..?? cause i just make some mistake and download the wrong firmware to my DSL 600ER... :cry: :cry: :cry:
    thank you..

6. zy

try google. i'm not sure if aztech still has the program up there :think:

7. cwt2000

cwt2000 Newbie

i try to search it since this morning.. with my 56k speed....
    but totally can't find... :cry: :cry: :cry:

8. zy

try googling adam2app.zip :mrgreen:

9. 64bit

64bit Newbie

The link to download the TI Remote Application does not work anymore in the Recovery Guide, please do update the link.

Thank you

10. zy

Aztech no longer host the file on their website.

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Aztech Modem Bad Flash Recovery Guide Rev. 2.0

If you have ever been plagued by a bad firmware flash, there's a way to correct that and restore your modem to working condition.

Join zy as he shows you just how easy it is to recover from a bad firmware flash.

Here's a quote from the guide :-
    [​IMG]

Link : Aztech Modem Bad Flash Recovery Guide Rev. 2.0

12. thesaintxxx

thesaintxxx Newbie

dsl600ew

dear sir

how to connect dsl600ew with usb port? to flash recovery

thk

13. zy

personally, i never tried it with USB port before. i dont think USB method will work :think: you should stick to Ethernet port method.

14. thesaintxxx

thesaintxxx Newbie

thk
    alread can connet with ethenet port 1
    can flash step1 and 2

step3 when flesh annex.img erase a while then system hang?
    any solution?
    try many version firmware and chg computer is the same problem

thk agani

15. zy

its been a while since i touched the modem,

i think that part takes a while. did you try leaving it for a couple of minutes?.

16. thesaintxxx

thesaintxxx Newbie

already fixed.ASTECH DSL600EW ...thk !!!
    ask new q ???
    how to set port forwading ?
    got 1 desktop (192.168.1.124) and 1 notebook (192.168.1.125 )
    IP GAETWAY 192.168.1.1 AND SUBNET 255.255.255.255
    WHAT IS SOURCE IP ADD ?
    WHAT IS DESTINATION IP ADD ?
    WHAT IS DESTINATION PORT MAP ?
    WHAT IS SOURCE NETMASK ?

THK

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  17. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Best if you create a new thread for this. Thanks. :D

18. almas

almas Newbie

Hello.
    I'm from Mongolia. Please help me.
    My ADSL modem is Huawei SmartAX MT800 model.
    I replaced my V100R004C03B010 firmware with V100R006C01B020SP01 and my modem don't work. how can I fix this? I tried reset. But still can not connect to modem with ip 192.168.1.1
    modem lights don't blink, always on.
    help me. please.

1. I downloaded this file: ftp://www.basis-net.ru/SmartAX/SmartAX%20MT800%20V100R006C01B020SP01-20041201/MT800%20V100R006C01B020SP01%20Production%20File%2020041123/TEImage.bin

2. Then I enter into Modem configuration with my web browser and upload this file to the modem.

Then modem broken. Please instruct me how to fix this.

Regards, Almas

19. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Almas, never heard of the modem. Sounds like a Chinese-made modem. Does it use the TI AR7 chipset?

20. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL! You have never heard of Huawei? It's quite a famous brand.