ATI HD 3650 software won't install

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by drmk4, Dec 8, 2008.

1. drmk4

drmk4 Newbie

Ok so i bought this graphics card |- Welcome to the PowerColor World -| because my ATI Radeon 9600xt 256mb died on me and i got this ATI3650 one and i have a few questions.

1. Firstly, i inserted the card and the monitor turned on (which it stopped doing with the 9600xt), uninstalled old drivers etc, inserted disc for the new card and i get this message:
    [​IMG]

What do i do here? I click ignore/close, nothing happens.

2. I tried installing the latest catalyst drivers but part way through the installation i got a 'Severe' message saying 'Setup did not find a driver compatible with yoru current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit'...
    These drivers, Drivers & Tools | GAME.AMD.COM , are they not the one?

I've uinstalled my previous drivers and the computer just works on the new video card in some low resolution, quality mode...yet when i turn on the computer i always get some message about some drivers not being found or something.

Btw i have an AMD 64bit 3000+ processor, and the computer runs on XP pro.

Please, i need dire help, i've posted in a heap of other forums and in some i have received 0 replies, in others maybe 2 replies and they were to address other questions yet no one seems to know what to do for this last bit! :cry:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

hmmm. what is your motherboard?

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Which driver did you download?

4. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

hmm, maybe you downloaded the wrong driver? make sure it's the 8.11 xp 32 bit driver :/

5. dethalis

dethalis Newbie

TRY...

Try removing any old ati drivers and software you may have installed... Use Drivercleaner pro from Guru3d to remove any files left behind... Then download the latest drivers for that card from ati for xp or vista whichever you may have and weather its 64 or 32 bit... and then try reinstalling...

You can google search Driver Cleaner Pro and the first google result is for guru3d download that and use it to remove the left over files... i can't post links yet...

6. drmk4

drmk4 Newbie

I have a DFI AMD64 LanParty N-force3-250 motherboard. It only supports AGP cards.

7. drmk4

drmk4 Newbie

Yep i already have Driver Cleaner Pro, it removed everything. And the drivers i downloaded i'll post soon once i hit this 5 posts...i'll just insert the original images and links into my first post. And i'll reply to the other messages that way.

Thanks people.

8. drmk4

drmk4 Newbie

The 8.11 catalyst ATI one, like Lacus said, although it never said anything about it being 32bit or 64, i just selected Professional/Home, then Radeon, then 3600 series...i don't know how i'd check to see if i have a 32bit or 64bit.

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

To check whether you have 32-bit or 64-bit Windows XP installed, go to Control Panel -> System Properties. It should state whether you are using Windows XP 64-bit or just Windows XP.

If you are using Windows XP 64-bit, go to Drivers & Tools | GAME.AMD.COM and SCROLL DOWN. You will see the 64-bit XP drivers listed there.

10. drmk4

drmk4 Newbie

It seems i'm using 32bit. Under System is just says Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service pack 1 (i had service pack 2 some time ago but it did more harm than good so i removed it) could the service pack be an issue? Actually don't most drivers require you to have SP2? Or was it 3?

11. Chai

Yes, Service Pack should be the problem then.

I thought everyone would have upgraded to SP2 by now since SP1 is out of support years ago.

12. Adrian Wong

The ATI Catalyst Center requires .Net Framework, so make sure you install that before installing the full driver set. It's not installed in Windows XP by default.

13. dethalis

dethalis Newbie

omg install your updates to windows ... you need dot net 2.0 for the latest ati drivers... and get all your windows updates then try installing the drivers again... that driver has a requirement of sp2 btw...

14. drmk4

drmk4 Newbie

Thank you everyone! All along it was the service pack, i guess that shows me right for turning my back on the computer world:?

And as for the .net Framekwork, that would be this Download details: .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86) right? I'll have to download this later today as i have to leave now, so i'll keep you all informed on how it goes. I'm assuming it will work!

15. Chai

16. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

i think you should just install both sp2 and sp3 before the next framework.net 3.5.

17. drmk4

drmk4 Newbie

Well i installed SP2, and the .Net framework program, and i still get the same error message :cry: "Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit" i'm not sure what else it could be...do i now need SP3?? I'll download that and see.

18. Adrian Wong

That's funny. That usually happens only for mobile GPUs which are not supported by the desktop driver, or if you downloaded the wrong driver for your operating system.

19. drmk4

drmk4 Newbie

I'm not so sure then:?
    Just that each time i turn the computer on, when it gets to the desktop i get this error message "Can not find ATI video board or no Catalyst drivers installed!"

Could the BIOS be an issue? I've never updated my bios or chipset, nothing like that.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  20. Chai