The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Muahaha. Rain the freaking blood down on him :thumb:

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Cool! Well, setting up the guitar need time and some patience. Look up the net for some hints and tips to do these. :)

Power chords - into heavy metal? I like the head banging though! (is it head-banging in heavy metal songs?) :thumb:

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Those are pickups. They generate the sound for electric guitars. Phok has active pickups which are high output (and very well suited to metal) but requires a 9v battery as a power source.

And a dash of fire and brimstone... :p

Into? I live and breathe metal!

PsYkHoTiK’s Music Profile – Users at Last.fm

It all started when I was waxing the guitar and the cloth rubbed and turned the screw pegs that hold up the Tune-O-Matic bridge and as such the height was way off when I finished and started to restring. So I had to learn how to properly setup the bridge (and test out all the strings on all 24 frets). But as such, I generally lowered the action even more and got rid of the fret buzz on the lower E string. After that I learned to how set intonation (using 12th fret) by adjusting the saddles. :beer:

@Phok, where are you gonna put the battery on your metal axe? Does it already have a battery cavity?

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I have been neglecting to post my many game purchases lately (well to play them right?).

So here are some.

Fallout3 CE for PC. Comes in a lunchbox and among other goodies, it comes with a Vault boy Bobblehead.

Resistance 2 CE for the PS3. Fresh from my doorstop (Santa UPS guy left it there). Comes with a bunch of other goodies as well as a Chimera Hybrid armed with a Bullseye assault rifle. Was gonna buy the 'normal' version but Amazon was selling the CE for 3 cents cheaper than the normal version. *shrugs*

Fable 2 CE for the Xbox 360.
    Gears of War 2 for the Xbox 360.
    LittleBigPlanet for the PS3 (super awesomely fun game).
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (still playing it - an early B-Day present from my younger brother - to my humor, the pirates spit out some Malay dialogue in the game).

Umm yeah, tad occupied lately... :p

Attached Files:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Damn, that's a lot of games!

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah and I didn't post a non-disc games (Left 4 Dead) and Soul Calibur IV (forgot about that). :o

Tons of nice games at the year end. This year is/has been awesome for gaming.

Still my preferences are always PC>>PS3>Xbox 360>>>>>>Wii (wait they have cool games?). Of course exclusives exempted.

7. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

surely will have a good time for the next couple weeks :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well I have had a great time with the last few weeks through Fallout 3, LBP, GoW2, and Fable 2. Still having a blast with Uncharted and (GTA IV still) and my Resitance 2 still has yet to be unwrapped. :p

9. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Ha, I haven't been on Last.fm since August or something. I sent you a friend request though :p

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  10. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

i got this recently.. :D
    a SideWinder X6 and SS Siberia headphone..

Attached Files:

11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LICH!!!! :D

12. antmic

antmic Newbie

Well its been a while since i posted anything.. I Actually have 2 things to add to my toy collection.

Im visiting my sister in North Carolina, and i went to guitar center and got myself a Martin DM acoustic Guitar. It sounds heavenly.. notes jump out of this thing like theyre alive. id recommend this guitar to anyone who wants to get a solid acoustic guitar.its effortless to play and you just have to hear it to understand how truly good it sounds.
    anyways heres pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

on to the next thing.. Ive Ordered a Custom made 7 string guitar from Robert Kaufmann of KXK Guitars - Custom Made in the USA sometime in march of this year . it was supposed to be built in 3 months but he had problems with painting my guitar (ordered it transparent black, however it wasnt coming out how it was supposed to be.. so i asked him to do it green instead).
    anyways it was ready and i asked him to send it to my sisters address in the US and it arrived yesterday . heres pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this thing is phenomenal.. now i know why people pay so much for custom made instruments.. its a totally different league of guitar. it shits all over anything else ive ever played ,the sound the feel the finishing of the instrument everything. Wow!..
    anyways.. that was my update for me .. hope you guys like it !:D

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Nice axe! :thumb:

How much did it set you back? :o

14. sherren

sherren Newbie

New Toy

:D New toy for Today

Attached Files:

15. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

YES!!! another 4850 owner..i shall add you to the list sir :D...and same card as the_yong_grand owns :D

16. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

woah.. nice guitar:shock:
    I really like the green colour :)

17. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Be prepared to be disappointed with GTA IV.

18. sherren

sherren Newbie

Yeah FTW, Thanks

hmm i find it okay here's my benchmark

ATI Catalyst 8.11
    Statistics
    Average FPS: 20.10
    Duration: 37.62 sec
    CPU Usage: 88%
    System memory usage: 61%
    Video memory usage: 79%

Graphics Settings
    Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 (60 Hz)
    Texture Quality: Medium
    Render Quality: Medium
    View Distance: 25
    Detail Distance: 37

Hardware
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Service Pack 3
    Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
    Video Driver version: 6.14.10.6879
    Audio Adapter: SB Live! 24-bit
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+

File ID: benchmark.cli

Currently Installing ATI drivers 8.12

19. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Your CPU is really holding you back. With the same settings, except for Render Quality on highest I have an average 37.15 FPS, 68% CPU usage, 67% Memory Usage, 86% VRAM usage. This is with an Q6600 on 3GHZ and an 8800GTS 640MB.

20. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

bought this in Singapore for $184 sing dollar.. a 9600GT on the BOX!! come to a surprise inside i got 8800GT instead..:D confirm through the VGA bios also..:clap: first i bought the asus 9600GT.. but when want to leave the shop saw the XFX wit zalman fan.. so i ask the shop whether can change or not.. he say can and just take the box without checking it.. only realize it when i plug the card into the pc lol..

Attached Files: