ATI HD 3650 software won't install

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by drmk4, Dec 8, 2008.

1. dethalis

dethalis Newbie

Ok first off ati only works with dot net 2.0 not 3.5 if you install 3.5 your not accomplishing anything as its still gonna look for 2.0 only... so download and install this: Download details: .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86) ... then try the drivers again...

ATI Catalyst drivers only works with dot net 2.0 just to let everyone know... So installing 3.5 doesn't do anything but install 3.5 as ati drivers won't be looking for that its going to look for 2.0...

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yes, but .net 3.5 will run everything including .net 2.0. It's backward compatible.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, as long as you have .Net Framework 2.0 and above, it will work.

4. dethalis

dethalis Newbie

I thought that.... However a few months ago at my job... I work at computer pros in roanoke, va... i had a machine in here with this issue... To make things worse it wouldn't install dot net 2.0 so i installed 3.5 as yes its supposed to be backwards compatible... The unit in question had all the latest windows updates but dot net 2.0... so i installed 3.5 dot net and then tried the drivers and it still complained that dot net 2.0 wasn't installed... so finally after some msi clean up and a few other fixes i got dot net 2.0 installed and then the ati drivers functioned as normal... twas kinda strange i thought but meh... so by default i always install dot net 2.0 then the ati drivers...

5. drmk4

drmk4 Newbie

It is English OS, however i do an extra language added to change to yet i rarely do (i don't use that computer). I'll just try the 2.0 program suggested by dethalis and if that doesn't work i'll just download the driver. -Well that didn't work either :\

Alrighty, i'm downloading the 2.0 version so i'll see how that goes. I'm not sure if i'm supposed to uninstall the 3.5 one, i found the folder but nothing to uninstall it. I'll get back to ya's.

-Well i tried installing it and i'm told that setup cannot continue because 'thsi version of the .NET Framework is incompatibly with a previously installed one. website...' -Ok so i removed it from the Add/Remove option, and all i'm left with is the 2.0 one, yet it says 'Service Pack 1' next to it, does this matter?
    -Ok that one didn't work, i'm now going to try this one Download details: .NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP2 Redistributable and i removed the 2.0 one i just installed and all i'm left with is 1.1.

Final edit - and that last download did not work either, same error :( i'm out of ideas guys...i've redownloaded, reinstalled all these drivers, programs etc i'm starting to go crazy, i think i'll just take the computer to the place where i got the graphics card from and see if they can do anything, it's kinda far so some time mid next week...unless one of you finds a solution ;) hehe

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  6. dethalis

dethalis Newbie

just install all the windows updates it will install the dot net frameworks when you select them... Just make sure you tell it custom not express and don't do driver downloads just in case Microsoft has a bad driver for your computer... i can't count how many times i have seen them mess up sound cards and video card drivers on windows update... Then try again...

7. drmk4

drmk4 Newbie

All windows updates? I haven't installed any windows updates (aside from SP2 now) on that computer in such a long time, i don't use it so i just sort of left it. I'll try downloading SP3 and see if that does anything.

8. dethalis

dethalis Newbie

heck if you have to download nlite and make a windows xp disk with the sp3 slipstreamed in it then wipe and reload with it...