Mouse Suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Zenphic, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

My Logitech G7 is having the double click problem and I don't have the warranty anymore, so I might let it retire earlier than planned.

Any suggestions for a comfortable, right handed preferably, inexpensive, quality mouse? Something like <$40 would be perfect for. :thumb:

2. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Hmm, how bout the Logitech MX518? Looks pretty decent to me..Quite lasting too (max has 1 and uses it like quite long O_O)ooh, i own 1 too :p

3. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

MX518? hmm.. an excellent choice coz im using one too.. :D

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

The new MX518 has an updated sensor 1800dpi, and it's dirt cheap. I would recommend that as well. I was using one too.

5. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

agree on mx518 too, was considering to get it but my old mouse still ok

6. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

yea.. i got mine for RM89.. :D

7. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

MX518! I totally forgot about that one. I thought it was outdated now with that the Logitech G5 is around... I will definitely get one then during boxing day :)
    Thanks guys

8. Chai

In a benchmark done by esreality, MX518 is actually better than G5. And personally, I feel that MX518 is better than G5 (first version), because it has more buttons.

9. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

That's surprising, especially when you factor in all of that hype about laser sensors and such.

Hmmm there's a local sale on the Logitech MX620 at the moment, for only $25! About $15 less than the MX518. So tempting :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

10. lee_what2004

just be aware that it is a wireless mouse
    it quite fit for the right hand
    but quite heavy as well as it uses two AA batteries
    and as well middle clicking will be a lot difficult with that kind of wheel mouse
    if you can live with that, then its a fine mouse
    the choice are yours :mrgreen:

11. Chai

I don't really like wireless unless it's for mobile use.

12. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

I agree, I hate changing batteries >_<

13. lee_what2004

I do use wireless mouse for daily usage though :D

14. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Just tried it at the local store. It's pretty comfortable, but a wee bit heavy to me. Scrolling is quite annoying as well. It just scrolls too fast! I'll pass the MX620. Gonna keep an eye on the MX518 instead :D

15. Chai

MX518 should be the best for you then. It's quite light for the size.

16. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

MX518 too. It's great! :)

17. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

lawl.
    Anybody tried the Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0? My friend stands by it and is recommending it to me!

[​IMG]

18. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Looks good! But I'm a little wary about going Microsoft again. My IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 became really sticky and gooey after I kept it in storage for several months.

19. Grave

Grave Newbie

been using it for years, excellent for high action high sens gaming (ut2004)

20. Chai

Before MX518, G5, Intellimouse 4, I was using IE3. It was one of my favourite mouse. But since MS hardware quality is dropped a lot in recent years, I don't think I will recommend MS products again.