Minolta MD/MC Lens to EF Lens converter

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by iModAMD, Jan 16, 2009.

1. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

Hello guys !

Ive got an couple of questions about photography. My father just gived me few Zooms , Telelens and Teleconverters

Here the list

MC TELE ROKKOR-PE 200 Mn
    MC Minolta CELTIC 35Mn
    MC ROKKOR Zoom 80mn -200mn
    MC ROKKOR Wide Angle 28mn-80mn
    MC Vivitar 3x Teleconverter

Anyways guys im looking for an Canon 40D for 999$

and I saw this adapter

Adapter for Minolta MD/MC Lens to Canon EOS 40D 1DS AC9 en vente sur eBay.fr (fin le 20-janv.-09 03:59:20 Paris)

Should i trust this? Because every sellers in every stores told me that the MC lens would never fit because it's too old etc...

Well my father brought thoses when he had 20 and he have now 58 ... still it could be usefull to have thoses lens in my pocket !

Thanks for your advices :D

Just an question the converter is compatible with the whole line up of EOS cameras ?!?!?

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure about the compatibility of the lenses and adapter, but are you sure you want to use these lenses? Since they are most likely manual focus only?

3. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

They are manual focus and i want it that way ;) ive got more infos about the converter it's compatible with canon ef and ef-s so they should have no probs... it's just with the lens i need to check up

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It will be quite hard to manual focus on a 40D because of small viewfinder.

I think it should work find on your camera, but not too sure about the Minolta lenses since it didn't mention the MC mount.