Obama's Inauguration

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Anyone watching Obama's inauguration? I'm watching it live right now on CNN. :thumb:

My God, the crowd is AMAZING!!! :shock:

Okay, they are starting the ceremony, now that the previous Presidents and Vice-Presidents have all taken their places.

2. Adrian Wong

Obama has just been sworn in! He's the new President of the USA!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

They are now playing the Hail To The Chief...

3. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

4. Adrian Wong

That was truly an inspirational speech... :thumb: :thumb:

May his Presidency herald a new dawn for the American people... and the world. We all need a good boost of optimism. :beer:

When you think about it, it's a little unfair to put so much hope in a single man. Everyone's counting on him to do "the right thing", even when the experts have no idea what "the right thing to do" really is.

I don't envy him his burden. I just hope he does his best to live up to the hopes and aspirations of the people who cheered him on, who voted for him, and who are now praying for him and with him for a brighter future. :beer:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

6. Adrian Wong

I agree. He missed something really memorable, like JFK's "Ask not what your country can do for you...."

Never mind. Action speaks louder than words. If he can put into action even half of what he promised, he will be remembered for sure. :D