Vista 64 / Programs in seperate partitions or HDD'S ?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by jeffdbodean, Feb 15, 2009.

1. jeffdbodean

jeffdbodean Official BOG Supporter!

Hey Everyone,
    I am going to be doing a clean install of Vista 64. I would like to know if any of you have ever tried to relocate the Programs folder over to a seperate partition or even a seperate Hdd? I have several Hdd's I can use for this if it is possible. I would like to know if it is possible and if it is, are there any drawbacks? Is it better to put the Programs in a different partition as oposed to seperate hard drive? I just want to optimize the performance of my rig if I can. I am planning on putting my PSCS4 Swap Files on a seperate disk or atleast in the first partition I create within a seperate Hdd than the one I use to install Vista on. I know I can relocate the Data folder andf I will but just never tried it with the Programs. I know I could simply test it but to know if it will work long term , we'll it take a while and I want to go ahead and get my new system up and runnung. I have a 5 Hdd's to work with so give me what the configurations that are known to work succesfully please.

Thanks,
    jeffdbodean:wave:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

3. jeffdbodean

I tried to ask the question in a different manner because I am getting not much replies. If it is a problem I can post my questions elsewhere.

4. jeffdbodean

What are you the post police or something. Is there a limit to how many Post. I am just trying to get some help other than what you and motoman have offered as your help. I know there must be a good way to set up my drives but I don't understand this part of a PC to well.
    jeffdbodean

5. jeffdbodean

In fact, I just noticed you are some kind of administrator here, so I will be going somewhere else as if your reply to my question is all there is to offer here than I am waisting my time here.

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You can go elsewhere if you think so. We never encourage double posting as you are wasting your oen and our time replying the same question twice.

We are just trying to help. And there's really not much help we can give, that is why you are not getting much answers.