wht's the latest movie u watched?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by u suck.com, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I don't think it's really THAT good.

Effects are excellent, story is a bit draggy (almost 3 hours long, but to be expected because they are showing a lifetime of a human). It's an Academy Award material movie though, if you know what I mean. :haha:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, I heard it was REALLY long. :haha: :haha:

Well, maybe it's the Brad Pitt effect. :twisted:

3. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

lol. i was hoping for bradpitt to die asap! i was so sleepy n tired!!! :haha: :haha:

4. strawroot

the legend of chun li, better than i expected. i thought it would be as stupid as the maggie-Q pingpong movie, but i was wrong :lol: :lol:

5. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

The Punisher: Warzone

Story sucks but the action owns.

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Sex Drive - simple story but I like it! :thumb:

7. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Finally managed to catch Watchmen last night. I understand now why they said it was unfilmable...I also think it would have worked better as a mini-series. Also suffers from being caught in-between having to appease die-hard fans of the comic while appealing to mainstream audiences. But having said that, it's a good effort overall with great visuals, soundtrack and characters. 6.5/10 :thumb:

You guys in Malaysia might not want to bother catching it in cinemas though, I'm sure a lot of the graphic stuff would have been cut.

8. strawroot

watchmen - i was bored to death, didnt like the long storyline

the international - lots of blood and gunshots, love the blood!

9. Adrian Wong

Just watched 12 Rounds starring John Cena.

Man, what an under-rated movie. One would have thought it would be an utter piece of crap. Well, it isn't Oscar material but man, was the action good!

The story's believable until the final scenes and the storyline was pretty tight (until the end that is). Certain parts were predictable, but overall, very enjoyable to watch. :thumb:

John Cena's definitely going the way of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson if he keeps it up. :thumb:

10. strawroot

Yeah i thought it was pretty good too. :thumb: :thumb:

although the story line is very straight forward, but i really enjoyed the actions. I prefer the storyline in The International but I prefer the actions of 12 Rounds.

And I cant recall watching John Cena in what movies recently :think: :think:

11. Adrian Wong

I don't think he acted in many movies. Certainly none of this caliber that I recall.

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Watchmen - 3/10

Ermm... rating/reviews everywhere were very good. That's why I went and watched it. Initially it was still ok, half way through... it turned bored... my friend beside me started to check his watch every so and then. I started to wonder what time is it. :D

Then the story started dragging.... and dragging............. even the ending sucked and it was an anti-climax. God... I was glad I made it out. My friend was too. What a movie... and Manhattan's blue willy was censored all the time not that I was interested. :p

Thumbs down to this one. And all the reviews out there. :p

I'd rather watch any Stargate movies 10 times than watch Watchmen one more time. Ok, not even half... :mrgreen:

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Marley & Me - 8.5/10
    Darn good movie! :thumb: And I've never cried for quite a while... just did. :cry: But still... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I just saw Wanted on Blu-ray. :mrgreen:

It was pretty cool. :D

15. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

fast and 4....

thought it would be be better...:|

16. Chai

So how was it? Crap?

17. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Well It was ok, Just did not live up to my expectations. Was nice to see the old cast again. But what's up with all this tunnel racing (dark)??? To much cgi. And someone gets killed, but they really don't show it, So it's hard to feel the saddness you should.

At least the ending leaves room for a better story next time.:)

18. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

watched Knowing with my brother last weekend..it's the only show he can watch (he's 12)..screw the rating thingie here =_=..they don't even know how to rate shows at time >.>

19. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

pantas and garang 4
    7/10

20. Chai

LOL! Pantas and garang. Most of the audience laughed when they saw that in the subtitle.

I think it's about 6/10.