The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

I have a bit of leeway for import and tax discounts due to my ABN and GST status, thus i actually don't need a company to bring shit in for me and can bring it in myself, but hell i'm too lazy to file any appreciable paperwork so i pay other people to do it. Sad.

Anyways, also too lazy to deal with the costmetics of the car, just bought an expensive torque wrench and now i shall open the car up so that it will reveal it's secrets to meeee. Anyways my eyes are acustomed to low light, being a cab driver, it's natural i drive under horrible conditions with horrible cars, that's life i reckon.

I already ordered DBA's 4k series discs for front and rear, high pressure brake lines and EBC's Redstuff for my brakes and other cool niknaks.

Don't really hang out at Skylines Aus, i usually just hang out with the Uni SAE team, nice fellers.

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Your bro is very happy young dude, how I wished to be your brother so that I could receive hi-tech gifts from you, muahahaha!! :haha: :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  3. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

thanks dude..today happen to be his birthday XD..i think we'll head out for dinner today XD..most likely both of us will b wearing techarp shirts :thumb: :beer:

4. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Nice, importing a car through a broker (Or yourself if you have the experience or want to save more.) is still one of the cheapest option, plus you get what you want. Import dealers tend to over charge and their stocks aren't necessarily in good condition either.

I'm placing my eyes on either a Caldina GT4 (But the 2004 - 2006 models aren't allowed under SEVS (Not on the list of eligible imports.), JZX100 Mark II 2.5 Grande 4WD or one of them (Very Rare,) Toyota Harrier Zagato, so that means waiting for someone to bring either one down under as a Personal Import, settle with a Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 or Toyota JZX100 Mark II 3.0 Grande 2WD (Both are SEVS eligible, so I wouldn't have any problems.).

5. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Wow! Hard-core TechArp fans!! :thumb:

You guys and your siblings will be all future computer scientists and robot engineers! :thumb:

6. yhng

yhng Newbie

considering i'm away for so long...here are some 'recent' toys from the past year or so:

• Canon EOS 50D
    • EF-S 10-22mm F/3.5-4.5 USM
    • EF-S 17-55mm F/2.8 IS USM
    • EF 70-200mm F/4L IS USM
    • EF-S 60mm F/2.8 Macro USM
    • EF 50mm F/1.4 USM
    • Kenko 1.4x Pro 300 Extender
    • Kenko 2.0x Pro 300 Extender
    • PS3
    • Pioneer LX50 Kuro
    • a pair of JM Labs focal 1007BE
    • Marantz 7002 receiver

7. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Can be classified in Chai category

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You have
    D300
    Nikon 12-24
    Nikon 24-70
    Nikon 70-200
    Tamron 90mm
    Nikon 50mm
    Nikon 28mm
    Nikon TC17E
    PS3

Chai category as well? :nuts:

1 person likes this.
  9. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I got a Super Mario World cart for my snes off ebay for 13 bucks...:D

Played all night until Lemmy's castle.... AAARRRGGG!:faint:

CANNOT GET PAST!!!!:wall: :wall: :wall:

Maybe next weekend....:lol:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Very nice A/V equipment... :thumb:

Muahaha PSN? :p

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

WOW!! That's a LOT of toys! :D

12. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

let me see.

4GB ram for my laptop.

replacement 500gb, returning the other one. (advanced rma)

1TB WD green for my desktop. giving my 500gb SE16 to my gf.

Attached Files:

13. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

The packaging looks oversized for the ram :think:

14. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

as far as i know, this is how usually kingston usually pack the RAMs for laptop.

they have the standard casing used for packing desktop rams, and they insert a smaller plastic thing to hold the laptop ram in place.

alternatively, they have those more "retail" style that you find in bestbuy / circuitcity .. (well circuit sity is dead)
    which is probably pain in the ass to open due to the seals.

15. Chai

Wow, I just noticed. That's the high end plasma TV.

16. sherren

sherren Newbie

Just got my new toy from Bripex Bridal & Camera Fair :mrgreen:
    Great :thumb: discounts for Manfratto Tripods & Monopods and also Lowepro Bags up to 40% Discount :thumb:

5 in 1 32" reflector 50% off :D

Attached Files:

17. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

OMG.. You are right. That's the 50" Pioneer Kuro!!! :shock: :shock:

It costs like RM 20K (USD 5555) at Harvey Norman!!! :shock: :shock:

18. Chai

19. yhng

yhng Newbie

hehe...well I needed something to go with the piano black of the PS3 (and that's the 1st gen Japan 60GB with the emotion chip :p )

ahhh...I have my bragging fix for the day

20. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Are there still a lot of PDPs in the market over there?

The 50" Kuro is under $2k here (wow Malaysia really pwns you guys on the prices).

The emotion chip isn't all its made out to be. The 60GB (CECHA01) and the 'old' 80GB (CECHE01) still won't run my GT4 (only game I have trouble on any of our PS3s)! :cry:

At least my 80GB will run my MGS 1-3 (It'd be kinda weak if the MGS4 bundle wouldn't run the old MGS' - but actually it really is a plain old CECHE01 - first one with a 'software' PS2). :p

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009