Looking For New Study/Office/Computer Chair

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by fapDaddy, Jun 26, 2009.

1. fapDaddy

fapDaddy Newbie

The chair i'm using now is something like this:

[​IMG]

As you can imagine it wasn't very comfortable to sit on.

I spent almost 16hours per day sitting on it, and now I'm trying to look for a new chair before my kyphosis (hunch back) get worse.

So now i'm trying to look for something as comfortable as this:

[​IMG]

Any recommended shop in Klang or Klang Valley? Prefer one with a lot of selection.
    Budget is Below RM250 (Hopefully include delivery)

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Lol! Small chair, it will give your back other than the kyphosis! :haha:

Well... Ikea chairs are a good buy and sometimes cheap when they are in some sort of jumble sale. They are comfortable too!:thumb:

3. fapDaddy

fapDaddy Newbie

Ikea is definitely a good place to shop for a chair.
    But it's a bit too far from my place, that's why i'm hoping to get some ikea's alternatives.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I tried Ikea chairs, not really that good actually. And most of them are overpriced.

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

If you want something comfortable, you must really try it out for yourself. So, head over to the LARGEST furniture mall in your area and try out all their chairs. Of course, you probably won't get a good deal, but you never know.

To be sure, go look for a small mom & pop kind of furniture shop once you know what chair suits you best. They will very likely not have the chair you want but most will have plenty of catalogs for you to look through. Once you ID the chair you want in their catalogs, you can get them to order it for you and it should usually cost much less than getting from a major furniture store.

As for IKEA chairs, well, most of them ARE overpriced but there are still some bargains to be had. There are two office chairs there that are pretty good deals if you find them suitable. Alternatively, you can scour the As Is section for discounted items.

6. fapDaddy

fapDaddy Newbie

Thanks for all the suggestions, will try to look around once i manage to crawl out from my house.

Anyway, do office chair normally has this part:

[​IMG]

so i can put keyboard & rat there, or even have my meal there so that i won't have to leave my chair unless have to WC?

7. The_YongGrand

Well... that's the table. Chairs do not have the front part, only except the arm rest.

Like what Adrian and Chai said, try these chairs in the furniture shops first nearby your home. If there's discounts in Ikea, you can actually check them out too! :thumb:

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

There are some reasonable Ikea chairs, but only limited to a few models. You can try those. Otherwise, go elsewhere to find.

9. Adrian Wong

Some chairs, meant for tutorial use, have a small side table that can be stowed away. But you might as well just get a regular chair and use a table for your keyboard and mouse! :D

10. fapDaddy

fapDaddy Newbie

That's true, but I thought it will be useful when I want to take my meal in front of my pc...

Maybe I should get a wheelchair instead. :wall:

11. Adrian Wong

LOL!! Not a bad idea since wheelchairs are comfortable and have really large wheels which are very good for moving around. However, I think they are all short and cannot be elevated so you will either have to use a low table or prop yourself up with cushions! :D

12. The_YongGrand

Wow... having meals in front of a PC? You need a big desk probably, coupled with a comfortable chair.

13. fapDaddy

fapDaddy Newbie

I sometime sleep in front my screen as well, err...
    not sleep..more like collapsed, maybe should get a high-back wheelsofa.

14. Adrian Wong

Better get a silicon rubber cover for your keyboard, in case you drool over it when you fall asleep!! :twisted: :haha:

15. The_YongGrand

and food crumbs too... they are notorious!! :haha:

16. fapDaddy

fapDaddy Newbie

I should do that more so I can flood my current keyboard with saliva :twisted:

Been waiting for a chance/reason/excuse to buy a Logitech G19 :pray:

fapDaddy said Lacusly, "my keyboard spoiled, need a new keyboard, and cheap keyboard no good, so I buy Logitech G19" :lol:

"BTW, whoever queued up for more than an hour to buy it for me will looks sexy in the dark" :thumb:

17. Adrian Wong

You should look for a chair that has a built-in cup holder too! :lol:

18. fapDaddy

fapDaddy Newbie

I won't need that since I drink water from a bottle which has a straw that extend near my mouth. :wicked:

Refilling that bottle is quite troublesome though. :(

Too bad I don't own a digicam, or else I can show you guys my lazyland. :mrgreen:

19. The_YongGrand

Wow, everything's "automated", isn't it? :haha:

So how about toilet time? The same "automation" process? :haha:

20. Adrian Wong

LOL!! Someone get down to his house and take some photos!!!!