Michael Jackson, pop music legend, dead at 50

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Michael Jackson, pop music legend, dead at 50 - CNN.com

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Condolences. RIP. We all will miss the pop legend!

3. fapDaddy

fapDaddy Newbie

errr......according to South Park Season 6 Episode 2 "Jared Has Aides",
    I'm supposed to wait for 22.3 years until I'm allowed say this...
    But I decided to tell it now before someone else did it...

So here it is...

Eh Hum...

To those who have purchased tickets to Michael Jackson's concerts,
    sorry for your double losses, keep the ticket as a momento and
    watch THIS, THIS, THIS & THIS (they're in sequence), and remember

"Though he can no longer move, dance and sing, we still have youtube"
    _________

fapDaddy says this seriously,
    "One day we'll be able to see his live concert again, in heaven but not hell, and so,
    to MJ's fans, behave and you'll get a chance;
    to Terrorist, keep terrorizing and we're the one who get all the fun. huhuhu :mrgreen:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  4. Chai

Anyone here grew up with his music?

5. The_YongGrand

That Pepsi collection back in the early to mid-90s could be very precious nowadays. Too bad I didn't keep them.

6. fapDaddy

fapDaddy Newbie

I still got a few lifesize poster of him, maybe now is the best time to put on ebay or amazon.

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think we all did. :D

8. Chai

I think some of us are still too young, even for me. I only started listening back to the classics when I'm older. But I did remember the Thriller MV was so scary when I was a kid. haha....

9. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

MJ's music had always been there even when I was a kid. Safe to say that everyone around me loved his songs. RIP

10. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I really like his Dangerous Album especially the 'Free Willy' soundtrack, guess I grew up during that time.

11. Adrian Wong

His death is a loss to the world, even though he has not contributed much in the past few decades. However, he was on the brink of a comeback tour, maybe a new album in the future. Who knows...

12. The_YongGrand

Yeah, a loss to the world. But his best music will be always immortal!

13. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Just like his nose.

:shifty:

14. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!!! His nose was hardly immortal!! :haha: :haha:

I think I read that it was collapsing and they had to repair it? :think:

I think MJ is a good example of someone overdoing plastic surgery.

15. The_YongGrand

I'm not pretty sure about his nose, I heard that his nose almost fell out! Probably one of those celeb-rumours from the tabloids, I guess. :think:

I could predict that Michael Jackson's merchandise could be selling well too. It seems that suddenly his songs and his stuff are all over again.

I remembered I once have a Michael Jackson theme watch which come with the 1-yr subscription of The Sun back in 1998-1999. Can't remember where I placed it... :faint:

16. fapDaddy

fapDaddy Newbie

Maybe his nose will be up for auction. :rolleyes:

Maybe the MJ's merchandise will include fake nose. :twisted:

Maybe someone will do plastic surgery just to look like MJ. :lol:

Maybe someone will intrude my house just to get all my family MJ's albums. :|

Maybe the burglar will ignore my Dell 2007FP and take one of my MJ's poster behind it instead. :mad: (I just hang it yesterday.)

Maybe the poster alone has more value than my system. :wall:

Maybe one of the ideal title for his biography is "From Black To White" (See my signature for reason) :mrgreen:

17. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

I HAVE to jump in here... I grew up and own several vinyl records of his work, saw him in San Francisco in 1984.... OK enough! DYKT he paid a family ~$25,000,000 US out of court so he wouldn't get formally charged with being a child molester? The guy was sick... "off the wall" pardon the pun. That said I have not bought any of his music since the 80's as I fel that he is no longer capable of being the role model he once had the potential to be. He could still dance & sing but his way of life was too much for me...
    RIP MJ :pray:

18. Adrian Wong

I'm not sure of the circumstances, but I always wondered why parents would continue to send their children to sleep in at the Neverland Ranch after the first case. I always wondered if they were doing it to eventually extort money from him.

Frankly, I think no one should be allowed to pay their way out of a court case. Otherwise, the rich will always be able to pay their way out. It also reduces the possibility of people using the courts to extort money.

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

He lost his childhood, that's why. :D

Ok, going back now. Once I drop into my car, will run Bad, Thriller, Billie Jean, ... Ok, maybe not that much, my house is just 5-8 minutes away. :mrgreen:

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

IMHO, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. He's not proven guilty. Anyway, he's... so, we should give him a break. :shifty:

Only managed 1 1/2 songs, Thriller and Smooth Criminal on my way back. :D

Will listen to him anyway tonight. Has been listening to him everynight since he went to find ET. :mrgreen: