compatibility question

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by miahman, Aug 16, 2009.

1. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

by far, dell's customer service still the best :thumb:

2. miahman

miahman Newbie

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  3. lee_what2004

hmm, the accidental damage insurance isn't quite what I thought :think:
    just be aware that as for international traveller warranty, it can be tricky to be international warranty.

4. miahman

miahman Newbie

i'm not goin for the accidental cover plan, i'm gonna go for the one linked second (if i do get an acer lol)

the international traveller thing applies to me i guess :D but unfortunately i seriously doubt i will be taking my laptop abroard during the first year <--- so thats not too much of an issue

EDIT: btw forogt to mention, dell laptops say they have a 'pay nothing until march 2010' for laptops over £250 but when i had a live chat with one of the assistants yesterday i was told its only for XPS laptops. i'm gonna try again and see wat happens lol

double EDIT: dells service sucks.... i just hate them. they do not provide enough information and they eave halfway throught the chat and they didnt even answer my question
    ps. from what they told me their pay nothing until 2010 plan sucks

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  5. lee_what2004

XPS or XPS studio?

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Well...on my previous T43, you can use the fingerprint along side with the traditional login method.

And imagine if the fingerprint failed and you can't login to Windows anymore...

Finally I disabled it completely.

7. miahman

miahman Newbie

8. lee_what2004

just to clarify, what you mean with HD screen?

9. miahman

miahman Newbie

erm plays HD content. like if i download legitely *cough* HD content. will it play with HD quality?

that sorta of stuff, if i'm not making sense then i probs dnt knw the difference and it'll be safe enough to ignore me lol

10. lee_what2004

if its about HD quality ,it would depends on your source.

As for HD screen, its about the ratio, 16:9, which would play HD movie without the black bar on top and bottom, which notebook nowadays come with this kind of screen =.=''

unless you are thinking about the resolution? HD ready woud be 1366x768 and Full HD would be 1920x1080, which studio 15 optionally can upgrade to.

11. miahman

miahman Newbie

thanks that clears things up. i was thinking about both the screen and resoltuion

btw does radeon HD3200 support full HD playback through the HDMI port?

remember that new acer i showed ya a couple of pages back?
    Acer 5536-643G QL64 Laptops - Review cheap Acer Laptop deals - Dixons.co.uk

just waiting for confirmation on whether it actually has wireless or not lol (i will most likely choose this one over compaq since it's warranty etension is cheaper :D)

12. lee_what2004

even intel gma 4500mhd supports HD playback :mrgreen:

wireless should be standard nowadays.
    bluetooth is the optional.

13. miahman

miahman Newbie

lol
    now to get someone to buy me this until my student finance arrives....... now i'm on another mission lol

14. lee_what2004

decided on which?

1 person likes this.
  15. miahman

miahman Newbie

the acer 5536 from dixons just cos its new.
    i knw the refurbed has better specs and all but i'd rather get a new one just for a peace of mind :D

16. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

you mean the screen resolution ?? :p

17. miahman

miahman Newbie

yes lol :D

18. utkal

utkal Newbie

yes .... really helpful piece of information

19. miahman

miahman Newbie

you might also wanna note that the manufacturer's warranty extensions do not cover refurbished/used products