MBA or MS. Mechanical Engineering?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by zy, Sep 25, 2009.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

:? i dunno just a thought, which would be more useful :shifty:

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

If you are interested into research, I suggest the MSc in Engineering.

If you are interested in business and entreprenurship, then the MBA is better. :D

3. Stephenishere

Stephenishere Newbie

I'm actually studying for Mechanical Engineering right now at Texas Tech University. :) Go ME majors .

I'm probrably a little biased, but I would say MS. ME would be more useful. Everyone and their dog these days seems to have a BA degree, not so many ME though. It really depends on what you want to do in the future, not sure how much MS in Me would help pay wise for jobs, as most that do that seem to eventually get a PHd and teach / do research. What do you want to do in the future job wise?

4. zy

Not going to do PhD. It stands for permanant head damage to me.

LOL

5. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

MSc if you planning to work for people. MBA if you are planning to work for yourself ...

6. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I'm also stuck between either continuing studies after I graduate, or work first. :shifty: :haha:

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

IMHO, better continue studying. Once you work, you may never be able to further your studies! :D

8. zy

Having a "break" sometimes is not a good idea.
    There are pros & cons.

Pros, gain some working experience

Cons, high chances of not continuing to further studies LOL

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Exactly! :haha:

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

If you want me to get a Master now, you better kill me or you give it to me for FREE. :haha:

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If you pay me to study Masters, I rather jump down from KLCC. That's how much I hate studying.

12. Brian

Brian Newbie

In same position now, thinking of taking a break or continuing studies. IMO, take a break, but don't go straight to work, but try something different, perhaps something you've always wanted to try.

[That's sorta what my plan is, going to try to apply for a postgrad course, and if I fail to get in for that, probably going to try government policy (Selangor government, to be specific) back home while considering other options for studies]

13. zy

I already having my break. Summer break, and had problem with my master application. I applied for Fall, but deferred to Spring. :wall:
    So now I am volunteering for my Professor.