It's been a really bad day...

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Oct 21, 2009.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

More updates from Adrian

"They took her off sedation this morning but she's still not awake. also did a ct scan this afternoon. The clot looks smaller. Her intracranial pressure was generally low today. She still has some problems but today is most encouraging."

2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

3. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

wow sorry to hear that man and yeah life is fragile. is just came out of a sudden ?

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yes, it happened suddenly.

5. Adrian Wong

I spent some time pouring through the reports. Her condition has improved quite a bit today. The clot is smaller in volume since the last CT scan two days ago. I estimate the reduction to be about 15% in volume.

She still has some other problems that tell us that her brain still needs some more time to recover. They may have to re-sedate her if her intracranial pressure goes up again. But we are hoping that she continues to do as well as she did earlier today.

6. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Pray pray pray... HARD! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

8. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Wish her a speedy recovery, may God bless her

9. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I just heard about this Adrian and best wishes to Jenny on a speedy recovery.

Both of you take care !
    Dave

10. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

My wife and I will keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers. :pray:

11. Adrian Wong

Thanks, guys!!! :beer:

It has been a rollercoaster ride these few days. While she remained relatively stable since my last updates, there have been quite a few scares along the way. It has been a really harrowing and stressful week.

Today's Day 7 since her "accident". They took her off sedation twice so far but she wasn't prepared. They have had to put her back on sedation soon after.

Just yesterday, they had to increase her sedation by 50% because her intracranial pressure was shooting up. That brought it down enough for them to try removing the sedation earlier today. However, after about 4-5 hours, they had to put her back on after they did a CT scan and found that she still had some cerebral oedema (swelling of the brain).

As you can see, it's been up and down... very stressful since one minute, you are optimistic and then the next minute, you don't feel quite so optimistic.

I think it's going to be a really long haul, no matter how good the ICU team is. The clot will take about 6 weeks to resolve by itself but in the meantime, they have to keep her stable and hope that they can get her off sedation soon, before other problems like pneumonia, deep vein thrombosis, etc. sets in.

The good news is that she has remained relatively stable... and there has been no rebleed. The latest CT scan showed some cerebral oedema and according to the report, the clot hasn't shrunk much since the last CT scan. My own measurements showed a small reduction in size but maybe I'm just too optimistic.

12. Trinity

Did Jenny wake up?

13. Adrian Wong

No, she is still sedated. She's unlikely to wake for a few more days, but we are hoping she wakes soon.

14. Trinity

I keep wishing her to wake up every time i think of it.:hug:

15. Adrian Wong

Thanks!! :hug:

16. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Any updates :(? hopes she's feeling better each day..I'll pray for Jenny's speedy recovery! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Adrian & Jenny 加油!

18. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Jenny... faster wake up! :pray: :pray: :pray:

20. Yukirin

Yukirin Newbie

I pray to the Lord of the Heaven for her to recover as soon as possible so that Adrian and both families won't have to worry too much.