Superb parking skills

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by karhoe, Nov 30, 2009.

1. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

FYI your blog page isn't loading...

3. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

The blog loads, with firefox but not with IE8. Anyway, there a lots of cars with front sensors i.e. BMW, Mercs for use during parking and can be annoying when driving but can be turn off.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Some Japanese cars have front sensors now. Slowly, every car will have it. :haha:

5. Adrian Wong

Yeah, like the Toyota Camry.

Very useful IMHO, especially if the kerbs are high enough to hit the front bumper. Sure helps avoid dings and scratches. :mrgreen:

6. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

It could even avoid the front bumpers from accidently lodged onto the sidewalk (not sure how to explain this one - the sidewalk is too low).

Once, my ma's car touched the sidewalk, and got lodged onto it. She reversed it and part of the bumper went out! :faint:

7. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

wow sunway college offers parking course eh? :p

8. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

My blog wasn't loading on IE earlier, due to one of the advertisements scripts, and also due to IE's stupidity, fixed it already.

Anyway, the sensor can also prevent you from tailgating the car infront of you, a must have in Malaysia !

9. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Happened to the Waja I drove. Stupid bumper design.

10. Chai

Oh it won't. The sensor only works if you are very close to the object in front. Unless you are really crazy, it's impossible to get the front sensor 'working' while driving at normal speed.

11. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Can .. especially in jam, and motorbike wheeze in from left and right, the sensor can be irritating. Was in my cuz sl300 merc once. He had to turn it off.

12. zy

Should link that sensor to a truck horn against motorcycles weaving in & out :twisted:

13. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

mad1 will laugh at them. mad1 haz skillz!

14. Adrian Wong

I just scraped my bumper on the kerb just now. :wall: :wall:

I parked it nicely enough but a lady in front kept asking me to go a little forward. Well, I nudged it a little forward and ... scraped the kerb! :mad: :mad:

15. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

At least the bumper is repairable (change the whole bumper la) or tampal some fibreglass

As for me, I scrapped my side skirt, the undercarriage part, which is part of the body chasis, cannot be repaired ! - on my first day in college.

16. Adrian Wong

Wah.. That's bad. But I've been there before.. with my first car, and it was BRAND NEW too! :wall:

Imagine this. I just had the car for less than a week. I turn into an alley to find it blocked by a car (bloody inconsiderate owner). When I tried to reverse out, I hit a high kerb that I couldn't see. It severely dented the door and undercarriage on the co-driver's side. :wall: :wall:

17. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

They should plant some trees, so we know that there's something there, once you are in the car, you have no idea what's beneath you.

18. zy

My friend lend his s2000 to another friend. That friend skid into a curb less than 24 hours :nuts: $1500 (i think) worth of repair. Stupid idiot doesn't know that s2000 is RWD. :nuts:

19. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

The front parking sensors on our Estima, Merc and most aftermarket systems only work at a certain range of low speeds, above that, it is not activated.

btw, the photo of the old car isn't a Mercedes Benz, it's a Toyota Corona from the 80s.

20. Chai

The resident is back! :haha:

But the problem is, when you stop at the traffic light, the sensor will be activated too.