scanners

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by u suck.com, Mar 26, 2010.

1. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

hi,

havent been here for a while....surprised i can still remember my password lol

anyway,
    im looking for a scanner. one that's really good for scanning photos (preferrably ones that does not change the colour/contrast etc). i'm doing film photography at the moment and i want to make digital copies. which do u guys recommend?

i know some scanners have a film negative adapter..are they any good? i'm not so keen on them because i prefer making adjustments in the darkroom...

any advice will be much appreciated. :D

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. I considered those film negative scanners before, but if I remember correctly, one of the issues with the adaptor is that you can only scan ONE (if I remember correctly!) negative at a time!

If you prefer to do the adjustment in the darkroom, better do it there and develop the film before scanning it. But if you prefer to play around with it using Photoshop, then yeah, probably can give those scanners a try.

3. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Is it a photo scanner or negative scanner you are looking for?
    My father has converted 1000's of old Kodachrome 35mm slide stuff to digital. He is on his 2nd scanner, the first of which we purchased for him back in the Windows 2000 era and boy it was slow. The first one wore out... it was made by Pacific Image Electronics not sure the model # but I can ask his opinion of the new one he is using if it helps...:thumb:

4. Adrian Wong

I think he's looking for a normal scanner with a film negative adaptor.

5. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

yeah

i think a good photo scanner will suffice. i dont need to mass scan negatives so no worries there. just the good ones (which will not be THAT many) haha

i doubt i'll use the negative adapter even...prefer to do my printing in the darkroom..

6. Adrian Wong

Well, buy a scanner that can accept a negative adaptor, just in case. You never know - you might need it. You don't want to buy another scanner just to be able to scan negatives.

Then again... any scanner should have no problem scanning negatives. You just need software to convert the scanned nagative into a colour image.