web browser help

Discussion in 'General Software' started by miahman, Jun 11, 2010.

1. miahman

miahman Newbie

hi,

recently (like for 4 months) i have been having this problem with viewing videos on websites (veoh, youtube etc). when i maximise the screen to watch the video. the video become really choppy and starts to move very slowly compared to the audio, but if i exit full screen, it catches up and plays at normal speed.

i have the latest flash player, shock player and java installed. i have the same problm on firefox 3 and IE8.

help would be appreciated thanks

EDIT: also earlier this month, my entire list on the start menu disappeared. the only thing on my start list now is the software i installed after the list had originally disappeared ....... i'm confused as to what happened and why it happened

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

could this be due to driver issue? updated your video drivers?

3. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

i reckon get a full virus, trojan scan

4. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

i reckon get a full virus, trojan scan

5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Only when using fullscreen?

Did you notice any degrade in performance with regular use?

Check to make sure your PC is not overheating and the graphics card driver is running properly.

6. miahman

miahman Newbie

@chai: tried that immediately when the issue first arised. trying again now since the latest driver was released on 15th
    @belikethat: i do that regularly, no issues found. but i shall do it again
    @zy: with regular use there is no degrade. my laptop is always quite hot, even when i first bought it. it doesnt feel like the temperature is changing when the vid is running full screen

7. miahman

miahman Newbie

none of the above worked. maybe i should try changing it with the warranty i have...