Parents on Facebook

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The_YongGrand, Feb 25, 2011.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I'm sure some parents have their own Facebook account.

Some of them, even had to "friend" their own kids, when they are just at his/her home, or just nearby. She didn't add me into her account because I don't have one, and my brother even refused. :haha:

My mother recently opened one Facebook account, and she has quite some time to contact her sisters in overseas. That is a real convenience. But I do remind her to think before writing messages on the Facebook because a wrong message can trigger conflict.

My father didn't even want to use Facebook. Neither do me too. :whistle:

So, any stories of parents and Facebook? I've read some of them online.

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

My parents are way cool. And they're on my FB list and I hide nothing from them... :beer: I don't even have to worry about hiding from them online. Those that know me and my family no that I hide nothing from them even in person... :mrgreen:

I encouraged them to join. Their connectivity on their PDAs have increased (being more integrated) and they've rediscovered old friends that they've lost contact with (all the way down to primary school).

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

My dad has a facebook acount (I think that is how he stalks me :lol: because my profile is only strictly limited to friends). His profile has nothing, not even a picture.

Only 5 friends: me, my sister, one cousin, 2 of his friends i guess.

My mum, doesn't know how to turn on the computer :lol:

4. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

I have a facebook account and am a parent. My son have a facebook account ... so what gives .. :lol:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

My dad has one too. :dance: And he comments on my everything... :faint:

6. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Hahaha got 'pink' stuff?

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

He reviews his son's stuff... :wicked: :wicked:

8. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

Son what are you doing? lol

9. ET3D

ET3D Newbie

My parents don't use Facebook, my kids aren't old enough to use it, and I don't post on Facebook except on my competition list page.

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think I'm too old to worry about my parents stalking my Facebook... :haha:

11. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

12. The_YongGrand

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

14. Adrian Wong

My father uses it to stalk my brother's many diving trips. Probably the reason why my brother stopped using it! :haha: :haha:

15. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

I'm glad that my parents don't have Facebook. Otherwise they might see me in awkward pictures or moments! Not that I usually am anyway... :D

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Naa... he always comment that I'm lazy, no guts, chicken, etc. to talk to girls or find a gf. Reverse psyc sort of thing. Doesn't seem to work so far... :mrgreen:

17. Adrian Wong

Tell your father to get a couple of hot girls, and lock all of you in a villa somewhere in Spain or France for a few weeks. :D

18. The_YongGrand

My ma always said the same thing on me too! :haha:

That's cool! Muahahaha! :twisted:

19. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

my mother is a stalker in facebook. She added me like 2 years ago and 6 months later I delete her off. Right now, deactivated my facebook so that I don't waste more time on it. LOL!

20. The_YongGrand

My ma is on facebook too. But I don't have it. So she doesn't have an excuse to add me in! :haha: