Explosion At The Nuclear Power Plant In Fukumi, Japan

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Mar 14, 2011.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

My friend posted it on facebook. The next thing i said was:

Source?
    I believe it is intended to scare people. No source = no credibility.

I'm so mean... :twisted:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Nah, it's not mean at all. In fact, you are helping them. :thumb:

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Sigh.. People are still panicking unnecessarily over the nuclear disaster. Seriously, if I were in Tokyo or within 80 km of Fukushima, yes, I would rightly be really concerned about the spread of radioactive particles. But why the heck are people from faraway regions of the earth panicking about this??? :nuts:

Taking iodide pills unnecessarily can be dangerous, especially for children. Applying tincture of iodine over your body will NOT help prevent radioactive iodine from being absorbed by your body. But it looks like there's a new fad - iodized salt.. :nuts:

IMHO, the government shouldn't even tell them how much iodized salt they need to take to get "protected". You can be sure that there will be some idiots who will try to swallow 80 teaspoons of iodized salt!!! :nuts:

People... If you are so concerned about radiation, go buy lead (plumbum). If you are rich, you can get people to line your walls with lead plates. If you are the DIY type, you can melt the lead and slather them on your walls and turn your home into a veritable radiation-resistant vault. Just remember to wear gas masks as lead is poisonous! :haha:

4. jay cee

jay cee Newbie

wow just read that also, the salt hoarding. definately wont protect you from the cancers that radiation exposure cause.

5. Adrian Wong

Here's more on the current potassium iodide (KI) craze that's happening over the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactor meltdown - do NOT take them unless you are told to do so, and do NOT buy KI products that have not been approved by the FDA. They could be fake, or worse, contain substances that may affect your health.

If you are one of those who think you should buy potassium iodide pills for "protection" just in case the sky falls down tomorrow, you should read this :

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  6. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Whoa... I'm not swallowing those iodide salts unless told by my doctor!

Those funny SMS messages are often hoaxes or jokes. I ignore them most of the time... :whistle:

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

news agencies can be very misleading too. in fact, they are the most misleading sources.

meltdown is a possibility, yes, but they never mentioned about the containment structure.

to them, meltdown = the entire structure breaks down, and radioactive particle would be released to the environment :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

probably started by telcos :p

can earn alot of sms $$$ leh :p

9. Chai

Yeah, many news agency are reporting wrong information. I saw that in the local newspaper... :wall:

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Why I didn't receive any of those smses??? :(

11. Adrian Wong

I was telling people the same thing. Everytime something like this happens, we will always get this kind of SMSes, which encourages the user to forward it to their family and friends. Who benefits? The telcos! :mad: :mad:

12. Adrian Wong

You sure??? Almost everyone I know received this one! :D

13. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

So whats the word now?

All safe?

14. Adrian Wong

Well, the reactors are in a safer state now. But they are still leaking (and dumping) radioactive water into the sea. That means sealife off the coast will be somewhat affected.

AFAIK, this could take several more months before the problems get resolved.

15. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Some pics I found online.... in the Zone of Alienation

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  16. Falcone

That within 20km from the Fukushima nuclear power plant

Attached Files:

17. Falcone

Poor horsey :( :( :(

Attached Files:

18. Falcone

19. Chai

Looks like Pripyat (Chernobyl)...

20. Adrian Wong

Wow.. Great find, Falcone! :thumb: +rep!

1. There was no evidence of rioting or looting in the town. :thumb:

2. The cracked earth seems to be mud from the tsunami drying out.

3. I don't think we can see the full effects of any fallout until years later. However, I don't think it will be anything close to what they are seeing in Chernobyl.