The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Finally I have something to brag here. But it is still in the memory card, and I'm away from home... :haha:

2. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Shall.. post..here...soon..with...some...toys...fapfapfap..

3. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

[​IMG]

Just got it when I got back to KL.

Comes with 8gb RAM, extra large 9 cell batt, IPS screen, 120gb Hyper X SSD with Sandforce controller and Wimax capable Intel 6250 Advanced N.

Waiting for an Erricson FW5521G 3G module for the MiniPCIe and 96gb SSD as a Bitlocker secured secondary drive in the ExpressCard slot.

4. Chai

Is that the X220? Can't really see.

5. Chai

Here's my new toy...

Attached Files:

6. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Well, Un-box it for us!!!:mrgreen:

7. Chai

Treat this as a 'teaser' first LOL! I don't have a picture of the monitor.

8. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Lich @Chai

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I was actually thinking to get this some time ago but hesitated... partly because of the low price (especially for an IPS).

How does it compare to your old 2007?

10. Chai

Other than the poorer viewing angle, it is far superior in everyway! The contrast ratio is surprisingly good, at a calibrated value of 120cd/m brightness, the black is getting close to pure black! Brightness is incredible (if you care), it is quiet (yes, my 2001 is a bit noisy). There's not much features though. For just RM750, I think it is by far the best buy of all Dell monitors. And it has 1200 vertical pixels, not some crappy Full HD wannabe monitors... :haha:

Being an LED monitor, it is thin, low heat/power, excellent for hot and small room!

11. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

RM750? :shock: Promotional price? I remember it was like RM899...

Viewing angle shouldn't be an issue to me since I'm using it as my main monitor. If black is better than your 2001, then it is definitely better than my 2007FP, mine has very uneven back lighting, bright spots near the corners.

FUUUUUUUUUUU I knew it was a bad idea to ask about this monitor :wall: :haha:

12. Chai

RM899 is the normal list price. There was a promotional period giving out RM150 rebate. So I called in and ask for the special price. :mrgreen: The black is by far the strogest point of this monitor. No uneven backlight, and when well calibrated, the deltaE is less than 0.4 on all shades.

Edit: Wow, I just done recalibration, and the contrast ratio is showing 1200:1!!! My old 2001FP is just 400:1 if I'm not mistaken! Incredible...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  13. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Seriously, you are a very BAD influence! :mad:

I'm now thinking of upgrading my Dell 2007FP... :wall: :wall:

14. Chai

That's the purpose of this thread! :wicked:

15. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Got this router for a while now but just took a photo of it. :D

It's a very nice and VERY stable router. Would not need any reboot for months! Signal strength is pretty decent.

Cons: DD-WRT don't have a stable build for it yet but thankfully the default firmware is not too bad at all.

BTW, it's sideways because I wall mounted it that way :p

Attached Files:

16. Chai

E4200 LICH!

17. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, LICH!!! Do you actually need DD-WRT with this model??

18. Chai

Yeah, I never find the need for DD-WRT, even though I love tweaking... A router is just a router I guess.

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Nothing much to boast... but just got unifi recently... you guys are LICH. :boohoo:

Attached Files:

20. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

No real need for DD-WRT. But DD-WRT does have a nice router throughput monitor as well as a dashboard that keeps track of the daily uploads and downloads.

Actually, this router would have been more awesome and more practical for a home. 600mW antennas and cheaper too!
    Amped Wireless R10000G High Power Wireless-N 600mW Gigabit Router