Overclocking the NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by martypastor, Jun 8, 2012.

1. martypastor

martypastor Newbie

I have this card (refer to the pic)

[​IMG]

I want to overclock it to it's full potential. But the problem is, I can't go to the 500MHz clock for the GPU core and somewhat higher clock (like true 400MHz for DDR) on its memory clock because the PC starts to become less responsive with NO ARTIFACTS at all.

Is there any way to boost it, like Volt modding, edit the timings, etc?

By the way, this is just my other rig, my main rig will come soon with better specs. Soo, I just want to boost this for the meantime. :)

Thanks

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow, that's a really old card, man. There are a few guides online but they tend to be brand-specific. Here's one - BFG 6600GT AGP Volt Mod Help ( Pics Inside ))

3. martypastor

martypastor Newbie

it really is, haha, but anyway, the card doesn't even have a brand/manufacturer at all, but it has a serial number on it's back, and by the way, about the link, I had already checked that, but it seems soo hard to me what resistor and GPU Voltage measure (at the back of the card) I could work on.

I'll post some pics of my "Antique" Card

4. martypastor

martypastor Newbie

here are the pics, the'yre attached though,

hope it might help :)

Attached Files:

5. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

nice card, used to be the best buy back in those days ;)

6. martypastor

martypastor Newbie

Yeah I know, but is there anyway to boost it? I'm trying to reach it's normal clock (GPU core clock is 500MHz, but the PC starts to halt)

I can't seem to perform the Pencil Modding (Hardware Volt modding) on it because of the different board format of this card rather than the other ones.

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Seriously, I wouldn't bother doing any of that. It probably won't make much difference.

8. martypastor

martypastor Newbie

Oooh, if thats the case, well, I'll just stick to it. :)

Thanks for the suggestions people :D