What do you think of the Nexus 6/9?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by ET3D, Oct 19, 2014.

1. ET3D

ET3D Newbie

Feels to me like Google became Apple. Previous Nexus devices showed how you could create great devices for a low price, but these new ones are terribly expensive.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I have not read about the new Nexus that much. I hate those form factors. Nexus 6 is way way too big. Nexus 9 looks good, but I have no complains about my Nexus 7 2013. Not top of the line even when it was new, but it's affordable and it's still very good today.

Can't wait for Android Lollipop though.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think the Nexus 6 is way too big too. But what can I say - Asian hands. :D

I may get the Nexus 9 to supplement my Apple iPad if the new iPad mini proves to use the old screen with its subpar RGB colour coverage.

4. ET3D

ET3D Newbie

My Nexus 7 2012 is still good enough for my needs. Only thing I wish it had is 2GB of RAM instead of 1GB and perhaps a bit more storage than 32GB (although perhaps it's good that I'm forced to remove apps I'm not really using).

I'm thinking of upgrading to something like this, but I'll wait at least until tablets start shipping with Lollipop.