ASUS Announces New MeMO Pad 7 (ME572CL)

Discussion in 'News' started by Adrian Wong, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Kuala Lumpur (11th Nov, 2014) — ASUS today announced the new MeMO Pad 7 (ME572CL), a 7-inch Android 4.4 (KitKat) tablet featuring a Full HD IPS display, 64-bit quad-core Intel Atom Z3560 processor (up to 1.83GHz), and 4G LTE connectivity in a thin, lightweight and stylish design. Inspired by clutch bags and wallets, MeMO Pad 7 has a unique, elegant look that, combined with its powerful functionality, makes it the perfect everyday companion and fashion essential.

ASUS MeMO Pad 7 is available in three gorgeous colors with luxurious accompanying textures that lend each device a sophisticated flair and its own unique style. The Rose Champagne model has a rich lustrous finish that shimmers in the light, the Burgundy Red model has an elegant dark lacquer coating reminiscent of a grand piano, and the Gentle Black model has a refined, non-reflective texture with the look and feel of fine leather.

[​IMG]

ASUS MeMO Pad 7 is built to provide incredible entertainment experiences. Its Full HD IPS display, enhanced with ASUS TruVivid technology, delivers a stunningly sharp image that looks great from almost any angle. The MeMO Pad 7 comes equipped with a 5-megapixel (MP) rear-facing, autofocus camera and a 2MP front-facing camera, as well as PixelMaster technology for capturing great-looking photos and videos.

Inside the MeMO Pad 7 is a 64-bit quad-core Intel Atom Z3560 processor that delivers powerful, energy-efficient performance for the latest apps and games. MeMO Pad 7 (ME572CL) in local market version supports 4G LTE model for ultra-fast mobile data speeds.

MeMO Pad 7 comes with ASUS ZenUI, the ASUS-exclusive mobile user interface developed around the concepts of freedom, expression and connection. Featuring a new visual design made to be efficient and inviting, it contains modern 'flat' icons, vivid color themes, animations, new notification sounds, and a clean layout to present information clearly.

Incredible entertainment

The centerpiece of MeMO Pad 7 is its 7-inch, Full HD (1920 x 1200 resolution) IPS display. With an ultra-high pixel density of 323 pixels per inch (ppi), MeMO Pad 7's display packs over 2.3 million pixels for razor-sharp graphics and text. IPS technology delivers a wide 178-degree viewing angle and accurate color reproduction, while ASUS TruVivid technology improves color clarity and brightness. Combined together, these technologies ensure a fantastic picture for immersive entertainment experiences and
    general daily use.

While movies, photos, and music look and sound great on MeMO Pad 7, it also serves as a portable entertainment hub that makes it easy to enjoy multimedia content on other devices. Miracast support allows users to stream movies and photos wirelessly to a large screen TV or external display, ideal for sharing with friends and family. MeMO Pad 7 also supports CSR aptX, which lets users stream CD-quality audio wirelessly over Bluetooth to supported headphones and other devices.

MeMO Pad 7 has a 5MP rear-facing, autofocus camera and a 2MP front-facing camera to cover a wide range of picture-worthy moments, from everyday snapshots and selfies to creative photography sessions. MeMO Pad 7 features PixelMaster, an exclusive ASUS camera technology comprising a set of features including Time Rewind Mode and Selfie Mode that improve camera performance and make it easier for users to capture great photos and videos.

Fast, efficient performance

ASUS MeMO Pad 7 is powered by a 64-bit quad-core Intel® AtomTM Z3560 processor that delivers powerful, energy-efficient and responsive performance when running high-performance applications.

MeMO Pad 7 also features an Intel XMMTM 7160 LTE modem that provides ultra-fast connectivity for high-speed web browsing, streaming video and music. It is optimized for low power consumption for improved battery life in active and standby modes. MeMO Pad 7 supports the most common LTE bands for global mobility and use in many major markets around the world.

Slim, light, and strong

Made with a fiberglass body and duralumin frame, MeMO Pad 7 is strong and durable, yet has an incredibly slim design. Only 8.3mm thick and weighing just 269g, the redesigned MeMO Pad 7 is thinner, lighter, and even more portable than its predecessor. MeMO Pad 7 incorporates ergonomic design elements such as rounded edges that make it comfortable to hold and use.

AVAILABILITY & PRICING

Available now at local IT stores and ASUS authorized resellers!

MeMO Pad 7 (ME572CL) RRP: RM 999 (~US$ 319)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I personally think Asus makes one of the best Android tablets. I'm not sure how great is that Atom, but the Snapdragon based Nexus 7 2013 was one of the best 7" tablet.

3. ET3D

ET3D Newbie

Why boast about a 64-bit processor when you have only 2GB of RAM? I got excited for a second.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Haha!! Exactly! :D