Looking for a new PSU

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by 1031982, Dec 6, 2015.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

What is this seamless driver update that you mentioned?

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I like the GeForce Experience. Tells you when update is ready, download and installs update, and continue on your merry way (no restarting).

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You mean the Geforce Experience drivers are different?

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

No, GeForce Experience is their utility to optimise games and keep drivers updated.

It will detect when a new driver is available, and like @PsYkHoTiK pointed out, it will download the updated driver and then you can install it without restarting.

The screen may flash a few times, but that's it. :D

AMD's latest Radeon Software just alerts me to the new driver and sends me to the website to download it. LOL...

5. Chai

I just tried, so far the only benefit is I don't need to restart my machine. :haha:

Adrian Wong likes this.
  6. Adrian Wong

That's a big deal for me, because I usually run my computers 24/7/365... LOL!

7. Chai

Well, technically you can still run 24/7 but still restart your computer everyday. :haha:

8. Adrian Wong

LOL! Yeah, technically...

Sigh, the trouble is you cannot delay them forever. Eventually they just reboot your computer. They won't even wait for you to shut down and save whatever work you are still doing, or have left running... :(

9. Chai

If you don't restart your computer, your Windows is as vulnerable as not getting patched.

10. Adrian Wong

Oh agreed. That's why now I have to restart it like on a weekly basis. I just wish they would not force reboot, but just start a soft reboot. When you do that, the applications will ask you to save your work.

They don't have to allow us to quit the process once it starts, but at least allow us to save the work, and close the applications properly.

11. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

That's why I have things set to alert me of updates instead of automatically installing them. I chose when, so if a reboot is needed I'm prepared.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk