Local online stores for PC hardware?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by atwl77, Oct 22, 2014.

1. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

How about Lazada?

3. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

ooo I always thought Lazada was just another generic mall (like Zalora etc), so I didn't pay much attention to it before.

Hmm... looks like they do have a decent PC hardware catalog.

4. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

6. Adrian Wong

My recent experience with Lazada isn't too good. They do not actually sell their own goods but aggregate them from different retailers, who do not all have the "same standards" when it comes to quality or even the authenticity of their goods.

Some of my stuff arrived as promised, but in a beaten-up condition because they delivered them wrapped in nothing more than the GDEx plastic bag. No shrink wrap, no box.

Finally, Chai and I bought the SJ4000 waterproof video recorder that turned out to be fakes that can only record in 720p.

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Another thing to take note about Lazada is that they have many vendors from china, hong Kong, and they looked pretty dodgy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

8. Adrian Wong

It's like buying from AliExpress or DHGate, just from a Malaysian-registered go-between.

9. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

Rakuten have some local IT distributor, allIT, aeonplus , etc
    Yep i also faced some problems with Lazada

10. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Hmm speaking of Lazada... some of their stock is fulfilled by an overseas supplier, with the warning:

I suppose that means no need to worry about customs duty and related taxes?

11. Adrian Wong

Yeah, AFAIK, it's considered as a local retailer, even if they are shipped from an overseas supplier. I suppose they already factored in the duty and taxes.

12. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

all the current famous online store just like a platform for people to put their merchandise only.

Lazada, Qoo10, Superbuy, Rakuten......etc.

for me, they just looks like EBay or Lelong with better skin, and without bidding function.

13. Adrian Wong

Haha yeah... which is why you will see the same folks selling the same items on them.

BTW, I think Hulala just opened up their platform for ANYONE to sell whatever they want, FOC (for the moment). I think they cannot find enough vendors.

14. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

[QUOTE=" just see the store's review b4 buying tho...[/QUOTE]

Qoo10 seems like got much more variety.

15. Adrian Wong

Lazada is gaining some traction with Microsoft, Alcatel, etc. running their stores there. But they have a lot of dodgy suppliers too... One of the devices I purchased from them BLEW up my computer and smartphone. #fedup

16. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

What was it :eh:

17. Adrian Wong

A powered USB hub... :(

18. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

I avoid any cheap brand-less product that has external power, including wall socket or car phone chargers.

19. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

i will take note on that. Never buy brand-less USB HUB from Internet.

so far, i only bought some small furniture, toys from Lazada. All seems ok.

20. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Damn, I should be careful when I buy those USB hubs. I only buy major brands from Lazada, not cheap ones. If I really need cheap ones, I go to the eBay (China wholesale) and buy them. :o