Scrubbing the processor?

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by The_YongGrand, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

He wrote Ceramiqé in the first posting...

Anyway, I don't think 15 minutes makes any notable difference. I use ASC myself and have had no problems whatsoever.

Arctic Silver have some very nice step by step instructions on their website.

Cheers
    Olle

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Checked the instructions at arctic silver earlier then saw this thread. Coz later will remove the cpu that ZuePhok installed for me to change mobo. :dance:

There you go... http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm

So, I'll use toilet paper later... Don't think it matters even if you apply the paste incorrectly, it just shuts itself off. Happens to the P4 beside me.. ran fine after applying more white gooey paste in the lab. :mrgreen:

3. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Oh, for the time being I use the CoolerMaster - just for my learning experience. I hope I can go to LowYat next time and get myself a good good Thermal Material. And a good fan... :D

5. Fabulous

Fabulous Newbie

use ur fingernail dude. i tried it so many times.

6. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

what the different between artic ceramique and artic silver? somebody at Robyncom told me that AS5 good for athlon xp and AC good for p4.. is it any different?.. :?

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Long long time ago, the first version of Arctic Silver has got 2 versions, one of large surface contact area, and small surface contact area. But now all thermal compounds are optimised for both.

The only difference between them is probably the conductivity. AC is non-conductive, more suitable for AXP due to the bridges around the core. P4 should work with both without an problems.

1 person likes this.
  8. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

The price differs in favour of Ceramique.
    Ceramique is also supposed to be a little easier to apply than AS5.

Cheers
    Olle

1 person likes this.
  9. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

Chai sound like a story teller..:p

10. crashagn

crashagn Newbie

hummm.. so all this time ive been using glass cleaner sprayed onto some toiletpaper.. and nothins gone up in smoke yet