Need a new moniter to replace my Dell U2211H

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by 1031982, Mar 2, 2018.

1. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

At long last the back light is dying in my Dell UltraSharp U2211H. The top half of the screen is dim, and the bottom is OK, but seems to be struggling.

I found this monitor to be great at everything I was doing, weather it was editing photos, watching a movie, or playing games.

I would love to get a replacement that matches this, and if possible, stay with Dell as I have credit there.

I NEED an IPS panel for the viewing angles and color accuracy. I actually would like to stay at 1920x1080 as sometimes stream my games to my Raspberry Pie using Moonlight, and keeping the 1080 resolution makes it easier.
    I could fit probably a max of a 25" monitor with my setup.
    I was looking at the Dell UltraSharp 24 InfinityEdge Monitor – U2417H

Any input and other recommendations and/or advice is appreciated.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I didn't realise they have changed the resolution to 1920x1080 on the newer models. I'm still using the old U2412M which has 1920x1200. I like to have more vertical space for general usage.

But if you prefer the Full HD resolution, I don't think you will go wrong with U2417H.

3. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Well, I ordered one and received it today, however I had to contact Dell about it because when the screen is black, there are two purple spots. Seeing how I use my PC to edit pictures as well as other things, I kinda need that not to happen.

Attached Files:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow, that's definitely a defect.