The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I'd love to keep it forever.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  2. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Setting up my new system 8-)
    IMG_20181117_162613.jpg

Update: Hmm, not really liking the touchpad. Doesn't feel like glass, there's a bit of microtexture to the surface, and some weird acceleration going on that makes it harder to select small objects like radio buttons. Enabling or disabling pointer precision doesn't seem to make a difference. But the trackpoint and the keyboard are awesome.

Update 2: Arg, ran into that infamous Windows 10 bug where the Start Menu keeps resetting to default after a restart. Been trying all kinds of things recommended save for deleting the user account... no go... but come to think of it, looking at some of the symptoms (e.g. login screen picture shows the default picture instead of my own), it seems like I've had this problem on my other machines before, just never really noticed because I don't tweak my Start Menu much. But eventually the problem went away so... we'll see here. :wall:

Update 3: Meh, I gave up. Deleted user, created new one. Except I forgot to copy out the GBs of software/drivers I already downloaded before deleting the account... AAAARGH!!! :wall:

Update 4: Ooh, nice. Tried editing 4K60p h.265 video files in PowerDirector 17 and even with some effects (lens correction, color adjustments), preview is pretty smooth without needing to create shadow copies. System specs:

Intel Core i7-8750H 2.20GHz, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, Quadro P2000 4GB, Transcend 512GB SSD, Seagate 2TB 5400RPM HDD, 4K IPS display

The thing has 4 memory slots, thinking maybe if 16GB is not enough I can add another 16GB (or maybe 32GB :shock: in the future). The Transcend SSD isn't the fastest thing but I picked it for its price.
    ssd.jpg

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Man I sure would have another 4 or 8 core system here - my GCC is compiling pretty slow for a laptop. Especially full builds! :wall:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

The results look odd. Try running CrystalDiskMark instead...

5. Chai

Are you guys getting the Ranger again? I thought the smallest new Ford truck you can get is F150.

6. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

More stats with bigger numbers :lol:
    cdm.jpg

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Supposedly it's returning to the US market.

Sent from my FruitPhone using Tapatalk

8. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Yeah, It's new. They stopped making them here in 2012.

9. Chai

It's the hottest selling truck in Malaysia, but the engine choices will be very different. I don't think you guys are getting diesels.

10. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

It's been a while. So let me share too. Haha. A very recent add on. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

And just got the pencil[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chai and Trinity like this.
  12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I joined the Nikon camp with a Nikon Z6 full frame mirror less camera.

[​IMG]

Now I join my brother and sister with their Nikons (D750 and D850 respectively)

Sent from my FruitPhone using Tapatalk

Chai and peaz like this.
  13. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I saw this at Thundermatch quite some time ago and decided to give it a try... at RM279, kind of on the cheap side (well... at least if you compare to other pro USB microphones from Sennheiser, Rode, etc... the Rode NT-USB is already around RM900). But I didn't get to really test it out until today, and I guess it sounds okay for the price? Pickup is quite sensitive, which can be tricky if you place it on your desk and it gets all your keystrokes and mouse clicks, but the recorded audio is very usable. The headphone out quality is quite decent too, at least better than many laptop built-in headphone ports, but produces pops when you plug the headphones in or when you mute/unmute the microphone.

Also too bad it doesn't go up to 96KHz 24-bit, but I guess for the price can't expect too much! :lol:

11001324.jpg 11001325.jpg
    11001329.jpg 11001327.jpg 11001328.jpg

14. Chai

I got this Topping D10 DAC to replace my Asus Essense STX that I blew up while wiping the card with wet wipes while the machine was on... :whistle:
    DSC_1853.jpg

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  15. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

I'm sure you did that on purpose so that you can upgrade.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Chai and PsYkHoTiK like this.
  16. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

1TB SSD for the XPS 13 which I bought this year.

The XPS 13 isn't easy to disassemble. The aluminum base it held by screws and clips to the plastic body. Cut my thumb, and destroyed many plastic cards which opening it.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

17. Chai

Are these much better than 3.5mm jack versions?

18. Chai

I'm sure you did that on purpose too... :whistle:

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  19. Chai

I got this CTEK car battery charger & reconditioner. I got fed up with my car battery dying too quickly (1.5 years), hopefully these will help to prolong the battery life... This one has alternator testing function as well which can be useful.

DSC_1855.jpg

20. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Depends on the hardware on your computer. Some built-in sound cards can be crap, in which case an external USB audio interface (or a mic with built-in audio interface) would be necessary to record good mic audio.

Haha, I got that too, although mine doesn't have the alternator feature. I also installed the battery status indicator directly inside the car, so that I don't have to open up the hood just to check status.

Got it from Sam?