XenForo License

Discussion in 'General Software' started by jaungul, Feb 21, 2019.

1. jaungul

jaungul Newbie

Anyone here selling XenForo community forum license? I need one for my office website in a cheap price.

2. jaungul

jaungul Newbie

Anyone....

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I don't think you are allowed to sell a Xenforo license, especially after 120 days after purchasing.

If you want a cheap forum, there are many free solutions out there, like phpBB.

jaungul likes this.
  4. jaungul

jaungul Newbie

Well, according to the XenForo terms and condition, one can sale the license with some conditions.

Like, a license can be sold out only once. It means if you purchased a license, you can sell that to me. But then, I will not be able to sell that ever.
    The license should be 120 days old to sell (or to change the domain).
    The license should be sold out before 365 days.

phpBB and SMF are not good, as they look too old fashioned.

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure where you got this in the terms and condition, and it also contradicts the 120 days one.

If you are only concerned about the looks, you can always look for a better theme.

Although Xenforo license is perpetual, but you are only entitled for free upgrade for a year, until you pay for the yearly subscription, which is the same as buying a new license. So there's little reason to buy over an existing license even if you are allowed to.