The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow... my mechanical HDD is just 3TB... :haha:

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Yea. Ubiquity does a bunch of enterprise network products. Pretty solid mostly due to its software which is similar(?) to Cisco’s Meraki.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

I think so. Never used a Meraki.
    The main complains of the UDM line is that the software is still quite buggy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

4. Chai

Too bad we can't get these US brands over here.

5. peaz

Can actually buy ubiquity here. I know a few that uses it But quite pricey still. Actually a lot of the higher end routers are unnecessarily expensive.

6. zy

Waiting for my replacement Dream Machine.

Meanwhile, I have an AP and switch.
    AP comparison with a skinny soda can.[​IMG][​IMG]

Chai and peaz like this.
  7. zy

I just notice this yesterday. That looks like a stripped screw.[​IMG]

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Since I'll be working from home for the next few months (tech companies here are making it optional to work in the offices through October), I decided to get a eGPU to use as a dock for my personal laptop as well as my work laptop (that also has Thunderbolt 3).

Razer Core X Chroma paired with a NVIDIA 2070 Super Founders Edition (which should hold me over until the RTX 30xx series comes out later this year)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my FruitPhone using Tapatalk

zy, Trinity, Chai and 1 other person like this.
  9. peaz

Awesome! Love the Core X.

The only one thing I don’t like with the USB-C/TB3 port is after a few plugging in and out, the plug gets loose. Quite annoying. That’s in general. But it does discourage me to keep unplugging and replugging in the eGPU from my MacBook.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  10. Chai

Does that mean you will only plug in when you need to use the eGPU? Or do you hardly move the MacBook at all?

11. peaz

I hardly move my personal macbook now, so much so that my next upgrade would likely be a Mac Mini. Most of my mobile stuff I can do off my iPad Pro already.

12. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Nice! I was always curious about the SVS subs. It's local to your state too, right Trin?

14. Trinity

Yeah, it shipped from Youngstown, Ohio. And it got here in two days!:) I was going to just get going to get the PB-1000 but it seems they are phasing the PB-2000's out in favor of the PB-2000 Pro so I got it for $100.00 off and free shipping! So, a massive unnecessary upgrade for just 200 bucks more.:lol: It is far more sub than I've ever owned before. I just hope it does not blow the windows out of my house!:think::haha:

I heard so many good reviews on YouTube that they sold me, Same thing for the speakers. My desktop space is limited so I wanted the best compact desktop speakers I could buy and after searching for the last few years I finally found the Vanatoo T0's, Here is a little review.

Waiting on them to get it all set up.

Chai, zy and PsYkHoTiK like this.
  15. Trinity

Loving the sub!

PsYkHoTiK and peaz like this.
  16. Trinity

17. Trinity

I'm sitting here listening to this,

Paired with the subwoofer and it sounds REAL!:haha:

Chai likes this.
  18. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I gave my MDR-1AM2 to my daughter because she wanted a headset for her online classes and Zoom meetings, so good excuse for new headphones: Sony MDR-Z7M2 :mrgreen:
    PSX_20200530_215949.jpg

This thing is kind of huge! A lot more neutral response compared to the 1AM2... I miss a bit of the mid-bass kick but better detail, clarity and soundstage. Still miss that kick for movies and EDM :lol:
    PSX_20200530_220108.jpg

Incidentally, I've ditched my ancient desktop and gone completely 100% laptop. Rearranged the desk and tried to fit everything in... but I think I need a bigger desk! :haha: And there's no way I'm gonna be able to use my other 17" here!! :wall:
    Also not 100% final yet, cable management still needs tons of work and still waiting to get a proper USB-C dock to minimize the direct connections to the laptop.
    PSX_20200530_220339.jpg

Right now just using some cheap j5create hubs as a temporary solution...
    20200530_223904.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    PsYkHoTiK, Chai and Trinity like this.
  19. Chai

I guess you have to choose one of the characteristics, not both together... After looking at the price... :shock: I'm jealous. :p

20. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

The Thinkpad USB-C Dock Gen-2 is here!! :mrgreen:
    However, this thing can only supply max 60w via USB-C so I still need to power the laptop separately. But that's just 2 connections (power + USB-C), so still better than nothing.
    PSX_20200606_135840.jpg PSX_20200606_135901.jpg PSX_20200606_135921.jpg

Besides the dock, also got a new Logitech G413 keyboard and a notebook cooler + riser pad (though I'm mainly using it as a riser and ignoring the cooling bit); smaller keyboard and angled laptop is more space efficient and lets me fit everything in nicely:
    PSX_20200606_140039.jpg

Even the 17" fits, though I'm noticing a bit of incompatibility with the extended desktop due to differences in DPI scaling (main monitor is WQHD with 100% scaling, laptop is 4K with 200% scaling). One example, you can only move the mouse from the right screen to the left if you go through the top half of the monitor; the bottom half "blocks" the mouse from going over to the left. Some software also gets confused by the two different scaling values, like the Topaz Denoise plug-in for Photoshop that thinks it is 2x bigger than it should be.
    PSX_20200606_223006.jpg

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    Chai likes this.