The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Virtualization. Running esxi on one of them right now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

peaz likes this.
  2. This is my dream chia coin mining rig...soon to reality! Fingers crossed!
    upload_2021-5-11_15-2-56.png

3. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Just got a new phone - Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G:

DSC00223-1.jpg DSC00224-1.jpg DSC00226-1.jpg

It wasn't really a planned buy, but the screen of my old S10+ was starting to give and given the situation right now (pandemic, practically everything requires a smartphone these days), better safe than sorry and buy a replacement before the old phone really gives the ghost. I asked the guy at the service centre about repairs, he said "around RM800" if it's the screen... so might also consider repairing later. Can make this a dedicated media consumption device.

20210512_202339.jpg

Anyways... I'm not particularly liking the new phone a lot, it actually feels more like a downgrade in some ways (from 1TB to 256GB, no headphone port)... but it was a quick and last-minute decision so can't really argue much about that. But I think the most annoying mistake is picking the Clear Stand Cover, it really makes the phone huge and thicc!! :wall:

I mean, just look at it:

DSC00225-1.jpg DSC00228-1.jpg

Without any case, the phone looks a lot more reasonable in size (though a bit bigger than my previous phone):

DSC00227-1.jpg

But on the upside, Samsung's built-in data transfer app is superb. Connect the two phones together via USB-C to USB-C cable, and it transfers nearly everything. The only thing it couldn't handle was my 2.7gb WhatsApp data (I should probably clean that up one day :whistle:)... it recommended me to backup to Google Drive, then restore the backup on the new phone. But other than that, it transferred all data, even installed the necessary apps on the new phone as well as duplicated my Home Screen layout. Pretty neat.

zy likes this.
  4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

[​IMG]

My Peloton Bike + finally arrived after a 2 month wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chai, atwl77, zy and 1 other person like this.
  5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Bought some mentos recently. This one didn’t work when I tried to dip it inside a coke bottle though.
    [​IMG]

Chai, atwl77 and zy like this.
  6. zy

EVGA aio that was on sale...[​IMG][​IMG]

Chai, atwl77 and peaz like this.
  7. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Wow :shock:
    What made you choose a Peloton instead of other alternatives, say... something like bike + smart trainer? :think:

8. Congrats on your Peloton Bike. I love it as well :) Game-changing cardio and full-body classes to your home.

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I don’t really have any interest (nor partners) in riding an actual road bike.

I love all the data and stats that the Peloton shows me as I'm pedaling in a workout and leaderboards and stuff (I need distractions or else I get bored)

The flywheel is completely silent when I'm pedaling and the bike doesn't take up much space.

And the content, classes, variety of offerings is really good (I also get a slightly discounted subscription from one of my credit cards)

And since I love tech, the screen quality, sound, and responsiveness is really nice.

My sis in law has the Nordic track S22i and the screen and overall quality is nicer on the Peloton (but mine does cost like $500 more).

My company paid for almost have of it though as part of a fitness benefit

Trinity likes this.
  10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Damn... so many new toys...

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Finally, I can brag! My new Macbook Air M1 with 16GB RAM!

DSC_3144.JPG

atwl77, PsYkHoTiK, zy and 2 others like this.
  12. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Woohoo! Enjoy using a laptop that don’t burn your lap!!!

Chai likes this.
  13. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

My laptop at work is still surviving with win 7, 4 g of ram, and some low level c2d pentium cpu @2ghz..:whistle:

Chai, peaz and zy like this.
  14. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Hi zy.:wave:

zy likes this.
  15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

With Apple Music rolling out Lossless music to Apple Music, I decided to get a stick DAC for my iPhone 12 Pro.

I didn't want to get anything bigger mainly because I can't be bothered to charge one extra thing (I have trouble with my Airpods Pro as it is) or carrying around something as big as my phone on my desk or in flights and also wanted it to work with my iPad Pro as well (that has a type C).

So I went with a AudioQuest DragonFly Cobalt to listen with my V-Moda M-100 cans that are several years old (will probably upgrade at some point - I've been eyeing the B&W PX7).

I had to get a stupid lightning dongle that was bigger than I wanted (apparently it's the one that works best). But I suppose that I can just use the type C dongle with my iPad Pro on flights and leave it in the seat back pocket.

Any who, it sounds great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    zy and Chai like this.
  16. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Interesting choice... :think:
    You'll only be able to get full 96khz/24bit quality from your Dragonfly via wired cable. Bluetooth AptX HD maxes out at 48kHz/24bit (and I'm not sure if the iPhone or iPad supports AptX HD? there's LDAC but it's a Sony thing so I guess Apple doesn't do LDAC either...), and I didn't see any info on the PX7's supported resolution via USB-C. So unless you intend to use a mix of both high res wired and non-hi res wireless, I wonder if it would be better to aim for more specialized cans instead?

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah, I'd use the PX7 with the stereo 3.5mm cable plugged into the DragonFly. and could use it for work calls too. Neither of my iOS devices have ALAC and if I wanted to go wireless, I'm happy with the AirPods Pro (don't really like walking around with headphones unless if I'm in long meetings from home anyways)

But... I also just got a Surface Headphone 2 a while back (pretty decent and I have a good work discount). So not exactly motivated to replace it and I don't need two wireless headphones.

Most of the Hi-Res Lossless music on Apple Music is 24 bit / 96kHz (I think I've only found one song that goes up to 192kHz lol). So the DragonFly Cobalt is enough.

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Ha! So I gave it to self poison.

Picked up a Sony WH-1000XM4 from Amazon (ordered last night and woke up with it waiting at my front door). These are currently on sale for $298 from $359.

I'll also order the Bowers & Wilkins PX7 Carbon Edition on Monday (since it's not on sale like the Sony is and I'm looking to see if it'll have any Prime Day deals - they're $399).

I'll return the one that I end up not wanting.

[​IMG]

When wired, these sound better than my aged V-Moda M-100 cans. Supposedly, the B&W set sounds better (from what I've read) but these have better ANC.

Happy Father's day to the dads on here!

Chai, atwl77, zy and 1 other person like this.
  19. zy

:wave:

20. zy

Completing my Logitech G accessories.

G915 Linear. On sale. [​IMG][​IMG]

Chai, PsYkHoTiK, peaz and 2 others like this.