The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I was able to get a PS5 on Amazon during Prime Day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll be playing the PS exclusives on it, but will stick to my Series X for my main console

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trinity, zy, Chai and 1 other person like this.
  2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I was quite close to getting this as well. I'm just a bit worried about the sound quality, and I don't really need the ANC. But it's hard to get a decent headphones that is wireless with mic (for work).

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  3. Chai

Nice air purifier! :mrgreen:

PsYkHoTiK and Trinity like this.
  4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

That's a router. :mrgreen:

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

PsYkHoTiK and Trinity like this.
  5. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Actually, it's a tower of sauron

[​IMG]

Trinity and Chai like this.
  7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I don’t think the call sound quality is very good. I've only used it for one phone call on the phone and never on something like a team's call on a laptop, but it didn't sound that great.

The Surface Headphones 2 that I have (and still use for work) were quite a bit better.

Music sound quality however, is really good on these.

8. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Maybe something like Audeze Mobius?

9. Chai

Yea, that's what I read too, the call quality is just average, but that's not really my problem. :haha:

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  10. Chai

Hmm...interesting, let me do some research on that...

11. Chai

Looks like the newer Audeze Penrose is much more suitable, but the price is almost double of XM4s :shock: At that price, and it still doesn't support LDAC. Mobius is not a true wireless headset, so that is out of the question.

12. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I can now pretend to be some kind of sim racer! :lol::haha:

Rig set up to go just above the desk...
    20210710_165707.jpg 20210710_165745.jpg

With Logitech G923 installed...
    20210710_174652.jpg

Nice thing about this rig is that it's easily collapsible for storage without needing to remove anything...
    20210710_211239.jpg

Only issue is my chair, which swivels and has wheels. While I can't resolve the swiveling bit, but at least this will take care of the wheels... just have to be very careful when braking hard :think:
    20210710_212341.jpg

Okay, so maybe this wasn't researched well - I checked specs and reviews, but not actual game support. Turns out Forza Motorsport 7 doesn't properly support the G923... it can be custom-configured to work, so better than nothing, but still sucks that it isn't instantly recognized and usable right out of the box. Forza Horizon 4, on the other hand, supports the wheel fine, but it doesn't display the proper button prompts. So the game will say like, "button 1" or "button 8", instead of "A" or "X" or "LB" or "RB" when using a gamepad :wall:

But regardless the control feels meh in Horizon 4, feels much better in Motorsport 7.

But that shifter really takes a lot of time to get used to! The feel is very light, very little feedback, often I accidentally shift into 5 or 6 when I meant to enter 3 or 4. Or worse, drop right into 1 when I meant to go from 4 to 3. Did about 50+ laps of Lime Rock and still not 100% confident with my shifting.

But I guess it's mostly about practice and establishing muscle memory. Also, I probably need to get a wireless headset, my hand keeps getting caught in the headset cable when I shift gears! :haha:

Oh btw, Horizon 4 is really serious with clutch release at 1st gear. Get it wrong and the engine stalls! :lol:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    Chai likes this.
  13. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Well, doing some research it seems this is pretty common and people have been making button maps. This is ugly but I guess it's gonna do for now...
    20210711_132029.jpg

14. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

I should just print your picture and put it on my desk/wall. :lol:

15. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Arg I got the 3 and 4 swapped, I was looking at this image for the button map :wall:

16. Chai

Hey, what is this? I need something like this quite badly...

17. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

The wheel stand/frame? Next Level Racing S002

18. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

19. Chai

Almost as much as the wheels...

20. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

The Need for Wiiiiide!! :lol:
    20210801_160419.jpg

Unfortunately I'm at the very limit of my desk, literally millimeters of gap remaining. Would have gone for 49" if I had bigger space and a bigger desk. But on the other hand, maybe 34" is better than 49", in the future this can be upgraded into a triple-34" setup... :whistle: