power supply & cpu fan

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by wiiz, Nov 28, 2002.

1. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

my current fan & power supply are very noisy. can you recommend one with very low noise? note that my cpu is only duron 800.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

For CPU cooler, Zalman is the best candidate. It's quiet, and cools well, if you don't overclock much. :)

For PSU, Zalman has recently launched a new 400W PSU, and it's pretty quiet also. Enermax is pretty good as well, but may not be as quiet.

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Yup. Zalman is really good if you want a quiet PC.

Trust me. I've tested quite some Zalman coolers...

4. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

Where to buy?

Thank you guys. Where in the valley can i buy it :?:

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

If memory serves me right, there are a few outlets within Low Yatt Plaza that carries this particular product. Enjoy! :)

6. Chai

It would help if you mention your 'origin' :)

7. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Urm... it's quite hard to get Zalman coolers here.You can probably see them in display at OP but Not for sale though.

instead i think you could also opt for those coolers with 80mm fans...

8. CPFitz14

CPFitz14 Newbie

Those new Vantec Stealth power supplies are supposed to be pretty quiet. They're pretty expensive, but i'd say its worth it. Not only do you get a quiet power supply, but you get a quality power supply comparable to Antec, Enermax, etc.
    Not sure about quiet heatsinks though. I can tell you from personal experience though to stay away from the Thermaltake Dragon Orb series. While they do a great job of cooling your CPU, they sound like a hair dryer.(not joking:D The neighbors are probably phoning the police because of loud noises coming from my computer :roll: :D )

-CPFitz-

9. Chai

Vantec Stealth PSU is not really that quiet, according to the review in SilentPCReview.com. In fact, it's twice as noisy as the Enermax. Vantec PSUs are designed for power user, just look at the power rating, up to 520W.

10. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

So far i know my friend having one Golbalwin CAK4-88T . Is 4 his AMD XP 1.4 Not bad for non-overclocker... So quiet !!! :lol: I think around RM 180 :lol:

11. yamdran

yamdran Newbie

12. dreamer

dreamer Newbie

as for the cpu cooler, IMHO, taisol cooler is quite quiet and affordable, cost less than rm 100, more than enough to cool your duron 800~ ;)

the cooler was found in the pricelist of MYPC in low yat plaza, i think they should have stock~~

13. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

Thanks

thanks for the feedbacks guys.
    i'm going low yat this weekend.

14. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

how bout in penang?

anyone knows where to get a quite quiet PSU unit in penang?.. on the island of coz... :p ....... well... not expensive too .....

my com is kinda a noise maker.... need to build a rehobus one day.. :D .. .ehhehe.......