Aztech Modem Bad Flash Recovery Guide

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

If you have ever been plagued by a bad firmware flash, there's a way to correct that and restore your modem to working condition.

Join zy as he shows you just how easy it is to recover from a bad firmware flash.

[​IMG]

Link : Aztech Modem Bad Flash Recovery Guide

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Nice guide. :D I'm sure aztech users would love this!

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

lolz.. i wonder what model of aztech was shown in the picture :haha:

600EW ? :haha:

4. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

Well, the only this familiar in this guide is TI, and those nice people are always sending me samples for the chips, i has to thank them one day.

5. zy

ermm :wave:

sorry, i cant really get you :think:

6. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Thanks for the info. It's really good. If my DSL600EU got busted when updating, I'll check this place out. Meanwhile what empire23 means is the TI refers to the chipset of the modem. :D

7. zy

i busted my 600EU too :haha: failed to sync ... so i used this method to revert back to the old firmware :p

8. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

TI = Texas Instruments

They has a free samples program which i use often to get free stuff lol.

9. The_YongGrand

Hmm... do the 600EU and the 600ER have the same kind of interface (inside the 192.168.1.1)? :D

Since this is also a little bit about Aztech modems, I would like to ask something here:

I have a DSL600EU modem, but sharing this thing with 2 comps is slightly inefficient - the USB port is to the computer - and the Ethernet is to the another one. Unfortunately, the total speed is only 12MBPs instead of 100MBPs.

If I use the casual 4-port router, am I getting all 100MBps per computer? :haha:

10. zy

if i'm not wrong 600EU & ER should have the same interface :)

but do remember firmware version 6x.x.x interface is slightly newer than firmware version 3x.x.x interface

yea, if you use a 4port router you should get 100MBps per PC

if you do transfer files between the 2 PC .. you'll notice the major difference :) USB 12Mbps = 1.5MB/s :haha:

if your broadband is faster than that then its wasted :haha:

11. The_YongGrand

Do the 600ER still has the "Time connected" thingy? That means it shows how long you are online? I tried one of my friend's router (it IS a plain Aztech wireless router) and it never show one of these.

So must I go for the DSL600ER or the DSL600EW? I'm not sure whether to have wireless, but will add later. Is another extra RM50 worth it? :D

12. zy

DSL600ER should show you how long you have been conected to the internet.

but i cant advise you on the DSL600ER or DSL600EW since i do not have any experience with them :p

if you have an existing ADSL modem maybe you can try linksys wifi router ? :mrgreen:

13. The_YongGrand

Yes, I have the DSL600EU, but the USB interface is not so good. Furthermore I gotta share it with another computer, so I need a simple switch. However, my wallplugs are already been overloaded so I couldn't afford to add another AC adaptor for the another switch if I happen to purchase it.

So I decided to push the old DSL600EU away and have to buy a 4-port router combo to save my wallplug from more trouble. I love to have the wireless router, but none of my computers are currently using these now. :haha:

14. zy

oh ic :mrgreen: but i dont know what is good & what is not :think:

15. sniper msia

sniper msia Newbie

i love aztech because of their warranty support.

lightning strike? 'no problem! we'll gladly change it'

16. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Really??? They do that? :think:

17. sniper msia

sniper msia Newbie

I did claimed from them a few times. They understood my dilemma. :D
    But in their warranty it is stated that lightning strikes do not count, though.

18. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, that's what I thought. :think:

But if they actually replaced it even if it really got struck by lightning, that's really great. :thumb:

19. zy

well ... how to tell if it got struck by lightning ?:mrgreen:

20. johncc

johncc Newbie

HI all.

Thanks for the guide! Still, either there is a minor difference or I may be doing something wrong.

After flashing the .bin file, the Environment get erased ('Environment Space'), and, of course it isn't possible anymore to continue and program the .img file.

After flashing, rebooting, bot PPP and USB leds are flashing.

I found a few other combinations of mtd segmentation and found one
    which did upload right, but the LED blinking continues.

Suggestions?
    John