CoolerMaster Hyper212 Dual-Fan CPU Cooler Review

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The CoolerMaster Hyper212 is a new heatpipe-based CPU cooler that's compatible with virtually all current Intel and AMD motherboards. It's designed around four heatpipes radiating from a copper base up to a large block of aluminium fins.

What's unique about the Hyper212 is the fact that it's designed to accept two fans for improved performance. The second fan is optional, of course, but is recommended for optimal performance.

For more information and to find out just how cool the CoolerMaster Hyper212 is, read our Comprehensive Review!

[​IMG]

Link : CoolerMaster Hyper212 Dual-Fan CPU Cooler Review

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Thanks to Adrian for his hard work on getting my first review up here and also to Chaos as in the article for providing me with this cooler to review :mrgreen:

This cooler is now the cooler in my main machine and very pleased with it ... the Katana2 is on a Northwood Celeron in my other machine ;)

1 person likes this.
  3. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

Really Nice review bro ;) proud of you

4. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

that's a great start :D

+rep for u!

5. rocketmen2k5

rocketmen2k5 Newbie

At what point doe these CPU Coolers become so large/heavy that they are putting undue stress/bending of the motherboard?
    Bigger/heaver has to reach a point of diminishing returns as to bending of the motherboard.:confused:

6. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Well, it would be much better if tested on both platforms :D Intel and AMD. Was considering this HSF before i decided on the Xigmatek S1283 :D

7. Mac Daddy

Actually the Katana2 and Hyper212 are no heavier than the Silentpipe coolers on my chipset. The Gigabyte mobo also has a lot of spaces for standoffs and screws I am using all of them to distribute weight properly.

8. Mac Daddy

Well there are revisions on articles here and I may just do that if I get an AMD CPU and mobo here. Another thing I may do as well is increase voltages because all my stuff is brand new I didn't want to mess with them at the time of this review. I didn't want to burn up a 1000 bucks worth of hardware to review a 30 dollar cooler lol

And thanks ChampionLLY :mrgreen:

9. slugbug

slugbug Newbie

I have one of these coolers and am using it with a [email protected] quad core. Under 100% load Everest shows my core temps ranging between 46c and 48c, and about 35c at idle.

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

710g is not exactly that heavy.

11. slugbug

slugbug Newbie

I have a Thermaltake Tower 112 someone gave me that weighs 4lbs. I was afraid to use it for fear it would snap the motherboard in two.

12. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

A pretty neat cooler from Cooler Master. They're improving in the air cooling department.

By the way, what was your ambient temperature? And I find it surprising that the fans would be quiet, especially running at 2000 RPM with a rating of 69CFM! :O

13. Mac Daddy

Ambient temperatures are in all the graphs OCCT remains idle for 1 minute before stressing the CPU (22C stock and 26C overclocked with 2 fans). I don't think the fans even needed to go to 1000 rpm during the tests and they idle around 500 - 600 during normal operation.

EDIT: Oops you said ambient temp I thought you meant idle lol ... my ambient idle temp is 22C and never rose above 26C during the tests sorry need more coffee its early here lol

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  14. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

I wonder should i grab this cooler for testing purpose o_O

15. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Oh I see, the motherboard must have regulated the fan speed according to the temperature of the processor then. Pretty cool since the fan isn't a 4 pin PWM one. I think you should mention somewhere that the fan wasn't spinning at 2000 RPM though, since it's kinda misleading for those looking for silence when their own motherboards can't control 3-pin fans.

I'm guessing that's why the temperature difference between the stock cooler and the CM Hyper 212 wasn't that big too. If the fan was realling running at 2000 RPM that would be w00ts.. :mrgreen:

16. Mac Daddy

It wasn't unless BIOS and Everest were lying to me ;)

And if it was I couldn't hear it over my Arctic Cooling case fans so its negligible ... unfortunately the noise level of the stock cooler and the fan on my 9600gt aren't :shock:

17. metsamees

metsamees Newbie

wow, that is cool, it's like a turbine or something :D ,ready to lift your PC up to Cosmos.

But yeah i might even consider ordering this when i'll finally decide to order new pc:rolleyes:

Thanks for review!

18. Mac Daddy

Thanks ;)

Runs very cool here and not really that expensive. All cooling solutions don't need to cost an arm and a leg :mrgreen: